debate: epona or boat.

Having a hard time MetroidZ ? :)

I liked the boat, but the ocean in Wind Waker was a little TOO sprawling. I became disoriented very easily, and it didn't really have the sensation of movement.

I'd say Epona is probably better because you can feel the power of her strides when you hear her hoovebeats. And the ground changes colour, shape, design. So it's overall easier to get the sense of movement and speed that you need when fighting evil.

I think that epona is better too. He is way better than a stupid boat that can talk.

You can’t compare a boat to a horse, they are different things. hell they are different games entirely. everyone says ww sucks, but without ww, tp wouldn’t look so good. ww was a test on their cell shading so it was a stepping stone to tp. dis ww and you might as well say tp sucks too. Although lets face it, WW was an awesome awesome game, just not a awesome Zelda game. But then again I liked Zelda 2 and I like ww.

Epona is the obvious choice between him and the boat, but so far from the screeshots of TPs Epona i like the look of OOT Epona better not as bulky as TP's

deity_link said:
Epona is the obvious choice between him and the boat, but so far from the screeshots of TPs Epona i like the look of OOT Epona better not as bulky as TP's

True this horse looks more bulky but I think it adds to the realism of it, horses tend to be like that because they are power houses. This Epona looks like you could halt a boss by running across its foot, while astride the horse. So when your streaming across the big field of hyrule you can get the feel of where the power and stamina is coming from.

Some things in every Zelda game are alike, but they also have to make things anew. They want to set the difference from OoT Epona to this one and show its name alone that connects the two.

Last edited:
KaDee said:
True this horse looks more bulky but I think it adds to the realism of it, horses tend to be like that because they are power houses. This Epona looks like you could halt a boss by running across its foot, while astride the horse. So when your streaming across the big field of hyrule you can get the feel of where the power and stamina is coming from.
If you look at this picture link looks like a midgit compared to Epona his legs are spread out a fair way over him:
ddddd.jpg

deity_link said:
If you look at this picture link looks like a midgit compared to Epona his legs are spread out a fair way over him:
View attachment 846

True he does look small compared to the horse in that image, but your still comparing THAT horse to Epona, and as you know there are different breeds of horses as there are cats and dogs. I'm not familiar with the names but theres horses bred for certain amount of weight cargo shifting, this would obviously be one of the heavier set horses. Also Link may be classed as more mature in this game, but he isn't the tallest game hero of them all is he? he's still got a young framed body, so that would make the horse tower in size over him also.

About the legs though, the width of the spread could be due to the animation of mid gallop, and the image just happened to be captured while his legs were furthest apart.

Back