Democrats in the House!!!

ABC said:
Not only did you completely ignore my point and question, you stated something that made absolutely no sense. Do some more research, it will truly enlighten you on what has gone on and what is going on in this country. I think this conversation (at least for me) is over. Good night everyone.

... and you bag him for ignoring something you said? Look who's talking :wtf:

Anyway, back on topic, my only qualm about having the democrats in office is Hillary Clinton's stance against violence in videogames. Why does she see it as such a problem? She seems to blame it for social problems when violence in society existed looooooong before videogames. Not only that but what about violence in other media? Like movies, books and music? Why are politicians so stupid and try to stop us having fun?

Ezekiel86 said:
..back on topic, my only qualm about having the democrats in office is Hillary Clinton's stance against violence in videogames. Why does she see it as such a problem?

I agree with you. I would not like to vote for here. Not because she is a women (a bad reason if thats your only reason), but because she isn’t Bill Clinton, and she never will be. its not that she sees it as a problem, or anyone actually sees it as a problem, its the fact it takes accountable away from parents. It makes it so parents don’t need to say no, because the government already has, thus soccer moms vote for family values for the win.... ug.

Its the whole idea of giving the golden promise.. Not having sex is not birth control, because a large percentage of those golden promise girls will have sex, and if they don’t learn about birth control, they will mostly likely get std's or get pregnant. It just Lends itself to uneducated teens.

Now you must be asking your self WTF!?!?! where did that come from? Well that’s the stance on video games. Banning video games is like the golden promise. Violence and death has existed before video games. Video games won’t turn us into violent individuals, anymore then giving us a gun will make us a murderer. A murderer will just crush someone’s skull. Guns do however disenfranchise us from the certainty it takes to stab someone with a sword, and a guns range and distance from the victim does make easy to kill someone. If we don’t learn about morality though, whether or not we watch and play violent video games, we are still going to shoot up a school, even if we have to do it with a baseball bat like that kid in Japan. Eh that may not make sense, but I think that’s how i see it.

If guns make it easy to kill someone, have we given up that humans can work out their differences? by banning guns instead of educating the people that killing is wrong, have we only put a bandaid on a mortal wound? I think if public schools tought(sp?) philosophy, ethics… ect, We would be so much better off, but I wonder if having bad public schools make for a convenient working class. ADHD feels like something right out of brave new world.

If you play violent video games and then kill someone, you have a bigger problem then the video games alone.

*edited for clarity and spelling*

Last edited:
White-Wolf said:
I agree with you. I would not like to vote for here. Not because she is a women (a bad reason if thats your only reason), but because she isn’t Bill Clinton, and she never will be. its not that she sees it as a problem, or anyone actually sees it as a problem, its the fact it takes accountable away from parents. It makes it so parents don’t need to say no, because the government already has, thus soccer moms vote for family values for the win.... ug.

Its the whole idea of giving the golden promise.. Not having sex is not birth control, because a large percentage of those golden promise girls will have sex, and if they don’t learn about berth control, they will mostly likely get std's or get pregnant. It just Lends itself to uneducated teens.

Now you must be asking your self WTF!?!?! where did that come from? Well that’s the stance on video games. Banning video games is like the golden promise. Violence and death has existed before video games. Video games won’t turn us into violent individuals, anymore then giving us a gun will make us a murderer. A murderer will just crush someone’s skull. Guns do however disenfranchise us from the certainty it takes to stab someone with a sword, and a guns range and distance from the victom does make for easy killing. If we don’t learn about morality though, whether or not we watch and play violent video games, were still going to shoot up a school, even if we have to do it with a baseball bat like that kid in Japan. Eh that may not make sense, but I think that’s how i see it.

If guns make it easy to kill someone, have we given up that humans can work out their differences, by banning guns instead of educating the people that killing is wrong? I think if public schools taught philosophy, ethics… ect, We would be so much better off, but I wonder if having bad public schools make for a convenient working class and If ADHD drugs isn’t something right out of brave new world.

If you play a violent video games and kill someone, you have a bigger problem then video games.

I think I see where you're coming from, and I agree with what you say - It seems like banning violent videogames is the easy way out, and a way of keeping their (the politicians) hands clean of responsibility of violent crime. So if someone breaks out in another school shooting (they seem to be the new big thing these days) they can always say "well we didn't endorse DooM II!" If that makes sense.

It's a similar thing with medications like antidepressants, they might make people feel better while under the effect of the drug, but you're back to square 1 when it wears off. The only way you can beat it is by learning ways of responding to, and dealing with the causes of depression.

I totally agree man, public schools should teach philosophy, ethics, and other topics of humanity and issues of what make us human, for people seem to live a more enriched and peaceful existance when they learn of the deeper meanings like that, and it could really help curb the modern plagues of antisocial behavior (schoolyard violence/bullying, violent crimes, abusive approaches towards strangers, etc).

By teaching people the reasons why violence/antisocial behavior is wrong is a far more sustainable solution than by simply banning guns/video games, (although that is a much easier solution and still absolves the politicians of any responsibility).

Ultimately, if someone wants to kill someone else, they'll still do it with or without guns. The only way to stop it is through proper education.

Back