Did they ruin Paper Mario?

I never got a chance to play super mario RPG. Since Sony either owns squaresoft or at least has them in their pocket. I doubt I will ever get a chance to play it. My question is: Is this game worth playing as a replacement for my lack of SMPRG experience? Or rather is it worth playin period? I'm nt trying to sound biased and honestly I've got no clue what to expect from the game since I've never played any of them before. I kinda don't like the idea of mixing the two genres. I just don't see the rpg elements working in an sidescrolling action platformer. I honestly wonder how would you see the rewards of your actions since the game is action based? count how many less jumps/fireballs that enemy took to kill now that my new gloves give me an attack power of +5? would I have to factor in these subtle nuances to every action to see the fruits of my labor?

Extra Life Mushroom said:
I never got a chance to play super mario RPG. Since Sony either owns squaresoft or at least has them in their pocket. I doubt I will ever get a chance to play it. My question is: Is this game worth playing as a replacement for my lack of SMPRG experience? Or rather is it worth playin period? I'm nt trying to sound biased and honestly I've got no clue what to expect from the game since I've never played any of them before. I kinda don't like the idea of mixing the two genres. I just don't see the rpg elements working in an sidescrolling action platformer. I honestly wonder how would you see the rewards of your actions since the game is action based? count how many less jumps/fireballs that enemy took to kill now that my new gloves give me an attack power of +5? would I have to factor in these subtle nuances to every action to see the fruits of my labor?
Look at Doneky Kong Country its a Rare game but with a Nintendo character meaning Nintendo owns it, plus Dragon Quest and Final fantasy are coming to the Wii (both made by Square) so yeah we'll see it on the Wii hopefully by June.

Back