Disconnecters

BigORhyme said:
Don't insult me. I'm not trying to be a dick to you. The dungeons and dragons joke was nice, but well I never really played that either, and I really don't want to fight you man, just hear me out. Ok, so you don't like the video game analogy, maybe a sports one?
I'll just say that Jason Kidd doesn't complain about not being able to dunk like LeBron James, he just uses different weapons.

Yes I have played the game before, come on. And you know as well as I know that if a strong shooter has a white ball at midfield and takes the standing shot there's a pretty damn good chance it's going in. Just as good a chance as a Belgian Waffle is going in.
You've never played against DK, had him catch you in a tackle at the start of a round and then crack a near purple ball into the goal? Sometimes I feel that's pretty cheap.

Hey hey, you've got the wrong guy here or something ... look, I love this game and I love the community that plays it. I'm the first guy in line to encourage rookies to play and have a good time, and I myself try to make it a point no to crush them with complex moves.
But you have to realize we aren't all playing rookies all the time and teaching fundamentals...

There's no training in how to do Waffles, that's true, but the Einstein didn't come up with the Theory of Relativity by sticking to the Physics 101 book.
Chip and teleport and jump tricks take lots of time and repitition to get right, and then implementing them against a live human defense is a whole nother story! Look, just learn the Titan's Chip, then take it online and "dominate" with it every time like you say we can, just try that.
And you're right about one thing, there are defenses against it, and everyone can do it. These rookies you talk about might not grasp chip control and defense immediately, but they are always getting better.

If that's the case, then I don't understand why you're so mad. Your style of play seems to be working for you, so what's got you so upset about playmaker teams? You should have some sense of pride at being able to beat them, and appreciate the challenge it takes to beat them.

They'l figure it out with training, they can learn to stop them and even implement them into their own technique. I don't want to fight you, I'm just trying to make you see that you apparently got problems with people who have the same passion and dedication to the game that you do, so it's like making enemies out of like minded people.
There's other benefits these player created techniques bring to the game and the community too. Think about MMORPGs that design systems and tell gamers that their influence shapes the game, when really they don't. But here in our community the players themselves developed the techniques, coined them and actually shaped the game.
If you play the game you know that a team that is able to score in many different ways, and field the ball well will usually win the game.
Just think about it.

sorry buddy, that wasn't a jab at you, i was just saying those type of games aren't my thing, that's all. and sorry but i don't really buy the sports analogy. dunking and being a good passer/shooter are still "fairer" ways of playing. however, established players like Shaq, KG, definately Kobe and MJ (when he was still around) pretty much have to commit murder to get called for a foul or travelling. lord knows that the rest of league knows this and are right to be pissed off because there getting an unfair advantage. just as people who use the waffle/chip-ins, etc. have an unfair advantage as this is not a regular way the game is supposed to be played. anyways we got a little off topic here, i'm just trying to point out that there would be a hell of a lot less disconnecters if people would play a cleaner game without all these cheap tactics of scoring.

unska said:
Stop off-topicing immediately.

i'm sorry, i thought this was a forum where we could discuss all aspects of any subject. if you have no interest in what we're writing about, then don't read it. otherwise PISS OFF, and we'll discuss whatever we want

teleporting into goals, i dont mind in small qunatities... but when someone gets 10 consecutive goals by JUST TELEPORTING, i get a little ticked off. then i've got my CROSS SCIZZOR KICK SHOT (lol, it's nothin special), which i retaliate with... but i hate disconnectors and (constant) teleporters.
but i do agree, get someone with good kicking ability, charge it up to white, go to mid-field and 9/10 times it'll go in.

iggypop said:
sorry buddy, that wasn't a jab at you, i was just saying those type of games aren't my thing, that's all. and sorry but i don't really buy the sports analogy. dunking and being a good passer/shooter are still "fairer" ways of playing. however, established players like Shaq, KG, definately Kobe and MJ (when he was still around) pretty much have to commit murder to get called for a foul or travelling. lord knows that the rest of league knows this and are right to be pissed off because there getting an unfair advantage. just as people who use the waffle/chip-ins, etc. have an unfair advantage as this is not a regular way the game is supposed to be played. anyways we got a little off topic here, i'm just trying to point out that there would be a hell of a lot less disconnecters if people would play a cleaner game without all these cheap tactics of scoring.

I didn't mean to come off harsh either, it's just that, from my point of view: I worked really, really hard to get good at these techniques, and worked really hard on ways to stop them. (Everything but the serve-it-in can be stopped consistently, especially Belgian Waffles. They're almost ridiculously easy to stop.) So when someone tells me that these are easy, cheap moves, it sorta takes away from all the hours of practice I put into them.
As a side note, man! Kobe travels all freakin' day! They never call crap on Kobe.
I guess we agree to disagree? Just please don't think of us as cheap jerks who deserve to be disconned on... we practice really hard, and we play just as hard as you shooter teams.
I'd love to play a match with you sometime, maybe we could both learn something. :yesnod:

killik119 said:
teleporting into goals, i dont mind in small qunatities... but when someone gets 10 consecutive goals by JUST TELEPORTING, i get a little ticked off. then i've got my CROSS SCIZZOR KICK SHOT

There may be a lapse in your defensive coverage if Dry Bones is warping past you ten times in a match. Maybe we can play a match sometime? I'll use teleport attacks, and you can develop a way to stop it with your team setup. It's easy to practice offense against the computer, but since the computer's offense is lackluster at best, even on level 5, it can be difficult to practice defense, especially against specific moves.
I need to practice my shooter defense anyway! My brother who lives with me plays with three Boos and Peach, so I get plenty of practice against chip attacks, but sometimes find my defense completely wrecking itself in coverage against shooter teams online. Maybe we can help each other, if you want.
I'd also love to see your CROSS SCIZZOR KICK SHOT! :lol:

mann... somebody from a striker CLAN just disconned on me. i thought once you got good enough to play clan, you had to put d/c behind you. i beat him one round and started to make a comback the last round, and he d/c'ed at the sight of potential loss. his record was like 57-4, i know why now...

i think i want to play in a clan, with my team of boos.

dodabird said:
hey wii_smurf...not that it matters too much, but you used the contraction of "you are" instead of the possessive term "your." kinda ironic how you're telling him to sort his spelling out.

not to mention he could have also used a comma in that sentence:lol: .......

While Boo-dekeing and Toad-hopping seems to be working as intended (it would be very easy to program the Crocodile Monster to intercept these) Playmaker and Serve-it-in I don't think are. It's like wave dashing in Super Smash Brothers, a glitch that people found. No one complains when someone wave dashes in Smash Brothers. But back to the topic at hand: disconnecters.

If you have demoralized someone so badly that they feel they can't win, so they just DC, then gratz to you. You are a better human being and a better player. I had the 4th ranked guy disconnect on me today, and it was great! Nothing says you're a baby like a good DC.

Back