Do I really need a cooling system?

Kingston

Mohh2 Name: TheHater
Jun 19, 2007
Florida
I recently got my wii online and I enabled wiiconnect24, even though I never leave my wii on for more than 3 nights in a row. Do I need a cooling system, how much do they cost, and how affective are they?

The cooling system is not a necessity, just a luxury. The Wii doesn't over-heat because it was designed that way, but I turn mine off each night, just to be on the safe side.

I forgot how much they are. :D

No,you do not needa cooling system.
I turn my Wii off every night. A Couple of times I forgot,and it was hot,but there's absoultely no worry.

being hot all of the time probably isn't good for a wii though so if you keep wiiconnect24 on all of the time you might want to get it
i don't actually own it but i am just thinking out loud

well, there's nothing that says that the wii will brake cuz the hot that produce when you active the wiiconnect24, but if you wanna be save and in my tech experience something that keeps a whole system hot for a long period of time shouldn't be good... there's a cooling system that works fine with the wii and only cost like 10$, plus shipping and tax, is really cheap and pretty is in gamestop...

let us know how do it goes...??

El_Shaman said:
but if you wanna be save and in my tech experience something that keeps a whole system hot for a long period of time shouldn't be good...

Being hot all the time is not neccesarily a bad thing. Many servers and even home PCs are on all the time and they run way hotter than the Wii. I used to work with big computers that ran so hot they had to be in their own room with a dedicated air conditioning system to keep the place from burning up.

It can actually be worse for some thing to go through temperature variations. The constant expansion and contraction from heating and cooling can be harder on the circuitry than being warm all the time.

just for the hell of it i went and picked up gamestops cooler and it works nicely. Dont know how mandatory it is to have but for.....$14.99 I decided to pick it up. Besides.... its pretty....

oh i agree it is by no means a necesity but it does put my thoughts at ease. i mean for a $300 console a little pazaz is warranted.

Back