what should I buy with wii?

JoonKimDDS

WiiChat Member
Dec 17, 2006
I know that I am gonna buy wii console system with component cable,
but I don't know which component cable I should get. I think I heard that there is high and low quality and I obviously want higher quality.

and I got many gamecube games I want to run with my future wii.
Do I have to have gamecube controller, too?

and what if I want to run virtua console? Do i have to buy another controller for virtua console?

and do I also need to buy wireless controller charger?

how much do you think it will cost total? $600 like ps3?

there is no difference in high/low quality of component cable UNLESS your wii is FAR away from your TV. If the cables are short, then less noise thus there will not be any difference. get GC controllers, nintendo brand ones. i got some 3rd party ones they feel cheap. GC controllers will play most of the VC titles.

when I bought my wii (a week ago) i wanted a compnent cable too but nintendo are askin way to much for their official one (£25) so I bought a MadCatz one for £15 and I know that MadCatz are good becaue theyre well know for making decent cables

I seen the madcatz component cables for 10 bucks on amazon

i have regular chargeable batteries and i like them better because i can swap them while my batteries are being charged (u would need extra batteries do to that though

gamecube controllers work on gc games and vc games (u will need a gc memory card to play gc games)

wiiplay is a suggestion since it comes with a wiimote and its $50
the wiimote by it self is $40

wii $250
wiiplay $50
component cables lets say 15
a nunchuck $20
gc controllers 2 for $30
gc memory card $10
30 bucks for a for chargeable batters with charger
http://www.amazon.com/Energizer-15-...0?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1176405535&sr=8-4
(is good its what I have)

405 bucks plus
Wii w/ wiisports wiiplay 2 wiimotes 2 nunchucks a new component cable and 2 gc controllers with memory card and chargeable batters with charger

Zelda and super paper Mario
(both must haves)
Ask any1

JoonKimDDS said:
how much do you think it will cost total? $600 like ps3?
ps3 doesnt comes with the component cables either and 50 bucks for controller its the same deal with ps3

wii is still a lot less then a ps3

Last edited:
Back