when can i buy wii?

JoonKimDDS

WiiChat Member
Dec 17, 2006
I want to buy wii, but I don't wanna camp out all night.
when do u guys think they will have enough wii console in store?

and do u guys think it will have possible upgrade soon?

I know that xbox360 has so many defected version that it had to make a new dvd drive and now they are even making a new cpu.

PS1 had so many upgrades, too and it actually made a better processor.

Gamecube ... I don't know about upgrades but I know that there was a downgrades by removing component cable slot.

I don't know when is the best time to get wii, and when they will have enough of them.

the only games that I am interested in now are Zelda, Mario, Metroid, SSMbrawl, RE umbrella chronicle, and DQ sword. It seems most of the game i m interested are coming out during 2007 december or 2008. Does that mean I shouldn't buy now and wait until then?

yeah, hopefully that works the same with the Wii remotes those are as hard to get as a system. But not the games...

I think after New Years it'll be easier but will still be tough. I think it depends on the area. I know where I live, there are still a lot of people who are still looking for a Wii.

I'd recommend calling different stores near you that carry the Wii(Target, Circuit City, Gamestop/ebgames, Walmart, etc.) and see when they have a shipment coming in.

The defective Wii's were during launch day. If you get one now, it should be fine unless it got damaged during shipping or something. Updates come by Wii's internet. I think 2 updates have happend so far but if you think that Wii will change hardware then maybe you'll want to wait.

What's DQ Sword?

WiiLink said:
What's DQ Sword?

DQ is Dragon Quest. It's even more famouse than Final Fantasy series in Japan. DQ is the reason why NES, PS1, and PS2 were successful in Japan.
It is made by Enix while FF series was made in Squaresoft.
So those two were always competing in RPG genre.
They got combined and become SquareEnix, meaning that two most famouse RPG companies were combined.
people were expecting DQ and FF to stay in PS3 but then DQ abaoned PS3.
DQ9 is coming on NDS. It became one of the biggest news last week.
and DQ Sword is coming on wii.

ericlewis91 said:
i camped out 8 hours...you got too if you want one way before the end of january!
but even if u camp out, if people with longer legs are behind u, he could run faster and get the wii...right? and if u don't know where the wii is located in the store, that can be another problem.

JoonKimDDS said:
but even if u camp out, if people with longer legs are behind u, he could run faster and get the wii...right? and if u don't know where the wii is located in the store, that can be another problem.

Dude... there's a simple solution which all retailers use: turns.

JoonKimDDS said:
DQ is Dragon Quest. It's even more famouse than Final Fantasy series in Japan. DQ is the reason why NES, PS1, and PS2 were successful in Japan.
It is made by Enix while FF series was made in Squaresoft.
So those two were always competing in RPG genre.
They got combined and become SquareEnix, meaning that two most famouse RPG companies were combined.
people were expecting DQ and FF to stay in PS3 but then DQ abaoned PS3.
DQ9 is coming on NDS. It became one of the biggest news last week.
and DQ Sword is coming on wii.

Thanks for the info JoonKimDDS, never heard of DQ but now I'll keep an eye out for it since you said it'll be coming out for the Wii.

JoonKimDDS said:

a lot of retailers will use a ticketing system where if they hand out tickets to those on line. If you get a ticket, you're guaranteed a system.

Article from a NY Paper:
http://www.nydailynews.com/12-18-2006/business/story/481064p-404837c.html

Back