DO NOT buy ASiD Tech component cables

ccorr

WiiChat Member
Sep 16, 2007
As I mentioned in another thread, I bought the first party component cables from Nintendo online when the Wii first came out in anticipation of getting a Wii right away. I wasn't able to get one for ages, and FINALLY bought one on Saturday. Well, now I can't find the component cables that I bought. I don't feel like waiting a week or whatever for new first party cables to ship, so I bought "ASiD Tech" component cables from Best Buy.

I just got home and tried them out, and they are HORRIBLE. Most of the colour is gone. I've tried both Super Mario 64 and Twilight Princess, and everything has a brown, faded look to it. Even things that should be vibrant red and blue, like Mario. The audio has a problem too, in that there is "feedback".

Oh how I wish I could just use my GCN component cables. This piece of garbage is one of the worst things I've ever bought, and is going right back to Best Buy.

I'll agree... I found the ASID cables had awful red lines every time the screen changed and the audio was terrible. I bought it originally, and had returned it to get the official cables which came out and sounded much better on my 42" LCD.

Back