Which component cable??

hwidodo

WiiChat Member
May 15, 2007
Jakarta, Indonesia
Wii Online Code
3079-2130-6300-3800
I plan to buy component cables for my wii, has anyone see any much different between the original Nintendo component cables with the 3rd party ones (Blaze, Nyko, Intec, etc) since the original cost twice than the 3rd party ones.

I'd stay away from the ultra cheap versions but the brands you mentioned are fine. Mine are a 3rd party brand and cost 19.99 and were better quality than the original composite cable that came with the system!

I ended up ordering a set of these component cables with some screen protectors for my phone (amazing protectors btw and cheap!).
The cables haven't come yet, but I figure they were cheap enough to try out. Hopefully they work well and up the image quality like they should.

http://www.ledshoppe.com/Product/ts/TS3003.htm

how do we know if the component cables are even good? is there a place for reviews? currently looking at the mad catz version and the new dreamgear but i don't know which is better. i don't want to pay 30 bucks for component cables that does the same thing.

arcticreaver said:
i don't want to pay 30 bucks for component cables that does the same thing.
Thats usually the case for cables costing over 20$
Stick to a well known 3rd party that charges 19.99 and you will do just fine. Some of the cheaper cables work well but they are hit and miss

I paid £12.99 (approx 23 dollars) for the "GAME" component cable.
(in case you don't know GAME are the biggest UK retailer). The official nintentdo one was £22.00 (approx 45 dollars). The guy in the shop said the only difference is one says Nintendo and the other doesn't.
It makes a HUGE difference on my TV in comparison with the AV Scart. If your telly cannot support 480p or more, then it's a waste of your money.

well my old ass tv doesn't have 480p. it's an old sony wege flat screen 32". i think that baby can only do 480i. anyways. component will still look better right?

i guess i'll have to save some money and get a HDTV soon.

arcticreaver said:
well my old ass tv doesn't have 480p. it's an old sony wege flat screen 32". i think that baby can only do 480i. anyways. component will still look better right?

i guess i'll have to save some money and get a HDTV soon.

Even svideo is vastly superior to the included cables. I would hold off on buying an HDTV for gaming unless its a CRT. Real gamers keep a CRT around just for games because LCD/Plasma suck so badly with video games.

Sony Kv36XBR450 or KV40XBR700 are the ULTIMATE HD GAMING DISPLAYS EVAR (including related models with slightly different suffix)

I dare you to try to find one better.

The only major downside is the weight.

Back