do you think 3rd parties will....

It's easy to get dragged into yet another "graphics vs gameplay" argument, but I will say that mostly all the games I play on the Wii are *fun* - whether that's playing Wii tennis or getting my ass kicked in online multiplayer MOHH2.

I play a few ps3 games too, but I just can't get my head round boring joypad twiddling in games like COD3 - the graphics are nice and they even tried to add some sixaxis support (which is awfully tacked-on - twisting the controller from side to side for a minute to fight?!), I just wanted "proper" lightgun style aiming at the screen and blasting baddies fun.

I think what I'm saying is that the Wii was supposed to be a revolution in game playing - not in graphics in general but HOW we actually play and interact with games.

I think it's done that pretty well, and I'm sure we'll see bigger and better games coming out - my only concern is the 3rd party support but surely they can't ignore the Wii now it's so massively popular?

Cheers

Neil
---
chickens + webcams = fun

SSBB on its own won't influence third party developers, but they will take notice. Just like they more than likely have done with other games released on the Wii. Red Steel showed that FPS is possible and RE:4 and Metroid showed that the controls can be improved. So theres potential for a really good Doom/Quake style FPS for the Wii. Trauma Center went past the boundaries of what type of games can be made and Galaxy showed the Wii's graphical side.

Third parties probably are taking note of these games and hopefully more of the same and some new games will be in the pipeline.

SantaClaws said:
I was going to say the same thing

I think i pee'd myself a bit when I first fired up Halo 3

haveanyone played cyrsis that got best graphics, ever.

and no ssbb wont improve graphics in other games.

i think we will see other better graphical games coming out because games which have had time to be developed will come out like this year. so :cool:

hencam[uk] said:
It's easy to get dragged into yet another "graphics vs gameplay" argument, but I will say that mostly all the games I play on the Wii are *fun* - whether that's playing Wii tennis or getting my ass kicked in online multiplayer MOHH2.

I play a few ps3 games too, but I just can't get my head round boring joypad twiddling in games like COD3 - the graphics are nice and they even tried to add some sixaxis support (which is awfully tacked-on - twisting the controller from side to side for a minute to fight?!), I just wanted "proper" lightgun style aiming at the screen and blasting baddies fun.

I think what I'm saying is that the Wii was supposed to be a revolution in game playing - not in graphics in general but HOW we actually play and interact with games.

I think it's done that pretty well, and I'm sure we'll see bigger and better games coming out - my only concern is the 3rd party support but surely they can't ignore the Wii now it's so massively popular?

Cheers

Neil
---
chickens + webcams = fun

Sounds like Wii has ruined gamecube/N64/SNES/NES games for you along with any future consoles that use a joypad.

Yeah Crysis on a High end rig shits on anything lol

The graphics on it are f**king phenomenal forget the xbox and PS3 all you need is a Quad Core Processor and two Geforce 9's running in SLI now that's what I call graphics :wink:

T3kNi9e said:
Sounds like Wii has ruined gamecube/N64/SNES/NES games for you along with any future consoles that use a joypad.

Not ruined, but I think simple knob twiddling and button mashing can't compete with the newer more interactive control methods that are increasingly been developed.

I honestly think that in a few years we'll look back on standard controllers and wonder how anyone could ever have used one to play a game!

I'm not saying either that the Wiimote is the be-all-and-end-all but it's definitely a step in the right direction - I mean, would you rather push an analog stick left and press a button to return a volley in a tennis match, or physically swing your controller and the speed and angle determine the type of shot?

To get back on topic, I suspect that some 3rd parties will keep on releasing shovelware and poor versions of hastily converted titles which will continue giving the Wii a poor name amongst some gaming fans, but hopefully Nintendo and forward-thinking 3rd parties will still be releasing gems amongst them.

I still haven't got Scarface which is supposed to be an excellent game, there's plenty of 3rd party great games (but some crap too) - you just have to avoid the bad stuff and vote with your wallet, and hopefully they'll get the message :)

Neil ('shandyboy' on MOH:H2)
---
hens + webcams = weird

Last edited:
hencam[uk] said:
Not ruined, but I think simple knob twiddling and button mashing can't compete with the newer more interactive control methods that are increasingly been developed.

I honestly think that in a few years we'll look back on standard controllers and wonder how anyone could ever have used one to play a game!

I'm not saying either that the Wiimote is the be-all-and-end-all but it's definitely a step in the right direction - I mean, would you rather push an analog stick left and press a button to return a volley in a tennis match, or physically swing your controller and the speed and angle determine the type of shot?

To get back on topic, I suspect that some 3rd parties will keep on releasing shovelware and poor versions of hastily converted titles which will continue giving the Wii a poor name amongst some gaming fans, but hopefully Nintendo and forward-thinking 3rd parties will still be releasing gems amongst them.

I still haven't got Scarface which is supposed to be an excellent game, there's plenty of 3rd party great games (but some crap too) - you just have to avoid the bad stuff and vote with your wallet, and hopefully they'll get the message :)

Neil ('shandyboy' on MOH:H2)
---
hens + webcams = weird

Ugh no!! I don't want joypads to be the thing of the past like black & white TVs. If that happens games will eventually become virtual realities which you controls everything in mid-air with your hands. I really do not want that, that would really suck horribly. I think if that ever happened gaming would be a thing of the past for me.

T3kNi9e said:
Ugh no!! I don't want joypads to be the thing of the past like black & white TVs. If that happens games will eventually become virtual realities which you controls everything in mid-air with your hands. I really do not want that, that would really suck horribly. I think if that ever happened gaming would be a thing of the past for me.

Well true, if you can't just pick up and play a game easily then it sucks, but somewhere between the two would be nice!

Back