Star Wars the force unleashed going to be the best 3rd party wii game?

jjrules352

Mario Kart here I come!!!
Sep 1, 2007
france
What do you think? The possibilties for controlls are endless for the force and the lightsaber(if it's accurate) the story looks great too. I've seen the reviews of Zack and wiki but I exercise my brain at school and don't need any brain breaking puzzles at the week end; No more heroes has got a lot of hype but I don't think that itll be that good IMO. although i havnt played any of the above and probably will only play star wars even though im not a SW fan.

Do you think itll be any good? possibly best 3rd party game ?

Well it may be one of the better selling third party Wii games, but its not the better one out there IMO. Personally, I feel No More Heroes is a better game than that, and it deserves to do well sales wise.

That depends if they give us the full version of the game, not a crippled version without many game features like we have seen many times with other multi-platform games.

This is the reason why most 3rd party developers are not selling in Wii. If they give us incomplete games, people will not buy them. If 3rd party developers start doing the games with all features for the Wii, without limitations they will sell. Examples and most notorious of this behaviour are: all EA games with the exception of MOHH2 (only good EA game for Wii), WWE Smackdown vs Raw (very limited, took away the best matches) among others. One of the few that is doing things right is Capcom (with RE4 games [all includes] and RE Umbrella Chronicles [has more content than the original RE0 to RE3 games]) and are best selling games. If you give the Wii community quality games will sell. That it is the formula

I hope this game in particular (The Force Unleashed) comes in good fashion. If they nail it, it will be a wonderful game..

I am expecting it's release

Last edited:
EA have released a few good Wii games including The Godfather, SSX Blur and MySims. They at least tried making Fifa Wii specific as well, even if it didn't turn out that great.

I think that Force Unleashed has the possibility of being a good game because it's being developed by the studio previously known as Melbourne House and not the Krome developers who did the Spyro games.

Well, it may become one of the best 3rd party games, but it may become crap, too. It's simply the fact that Krome Studios will port the game to the Wii, and I simply can't forget how aweful their games were (Barbie Sparkling Ice Show, The Adventures of Jimmy Neutron Boy Genius: Jet Fusion, etc. etc.).

I really really hope that this game will be good on the Wii, but I don't think I'd be surprised if it's not.

Secumfex said:
It's simply the fact that Krome Studios will port the game to the Wii, and I simply can't forget how aweful their games were (Barbie Sparkling Ice Show, The Adventures of Jimmy Neutron Boy Genius: Jet Fusion, etc. etc.).
Guess you didnt read my post above. It is not being developed by the Krome studios based in Brisbane who produced the games you mentioned. It is being developed by Krome Melbourne (formally Melbourne House) who developed Transformers Armada on the PS2 and have a history of making decent games all the way back to the 8bit computing era.

well right now we're iffy about the quality of this game

no more heroes has already gotton plenty of kick-ass reviews, so no more heroes might get that title.....(for now)

I am definitely anticipating both titles. No More Heroes is defintely going to be at least rented by yours truly. With Star Wars, I will dl the demo for the pc to see how it compares to the Wii version i will rent as well. I hope blockbuster has a large stock of Chewy Runts for me !

chuccck said:
I am definitely anticipating both titles. No More Heroes is defintely going to be at least rented by yours truly. With Star Wars, I will dl the demo for the pc to see how it compares to the Wii version i will rent as well. I hope blockbuster has a large stock of Chewy Runts for me !
It's not going to be available for PC, only 360, PS3, Wii and PS2.

CantGetAWii said:
Well it may be one of the better selling third party Wii games, but its not the better one out there IMO. Personally, I feel No More Heroes is a better game than that, and it deserves to do well sales wise.

So I take it you've played through No More Heroes?

As for the Star Wars game, wasn't there something posted here that those who have played it have found it to be pretty disappointing. Apparently the lightsaber controls are reallly cheesy and don't provide the free form wielding that everyone was expecting. Apparently, it's already being predicted to be a flop.

Atomheart said:

As for the Star Wars game, wasn't there something posted here that those who have played it have found it to be pretty disappointing. Apparently the lightsaber controls are reallly cheesy and don't provide the free form wielding that everyone was expecting. Apparently, it's already being predicted to be a flop.

Any source on this? that would be disappointing...

I remember reading that aswell... it was just a rumour though. Can't remember where I saw it on here. But hey, how about a little optimism?

Atomheart said:

Wow.

No, with your lack of knowledge of the game already, I guess you don't know the game comes out Tuesday? So no I haven't played it yet. I have however read reviews and previews, watch gameplay etc. and feel its a great game. Also note how I said IMO No More Heroes is the better third party game and deserves to do well sales wise. IMO=In My Opinion.

CantGetAWii said:
Wow.

No, with your lack of knowledge of the game already, I guess you don't know the game comes out Tuesday? So no I haven't played it yet. I have however read reviews and previews, watch gameplay etc. and feel its a great game. Also note how I said IMO No More Heroes is the better third party game and deserves to do well sales wise. IMO=In My Opinion.

I'm well aware that it has not been released yet and that you have not played it. It's called sarcasm. I guess it can get lost on some of our younger forumites.

Anyway, my point was that with you having not played it (and no real reviews out yet), I don't see how you can make conclusions such as it being one of the best third party games or that it is a good game at all.

Back