Star Wars: The Force Unleashed for the Wii!!

It sounds very nice, but I hope that they produce a decent game with this idea. I really hope that the controls feel natural and not as if they were added on at the last minute before release.

If its anything like the little video when you load up the browser its going to be awsome.

For those who are confused...

There is no wii symbol on the website because when the site was made, they hadnt decided whether to make the game for wii or not. However it has been confirmed and reconfirmed since that it IS coming to wii.

The problem is that all the vids and screenshots only show what it will look like on PS3. We dont have a clue how well the wiimote will be adapted to a lightsaber. We dont have a clue how good the graphics will look, or how much of this 'advanced intelligent' gameplay the site describes will be available to wii.

Blue Sun said:
I bet they just port it over from the PS2, with you guessed it, PS2 graphics with tacked on Wii controls.

The wii is exactly the game system lucas arts have been waiting for ever since starwars came out. A game where you can actually have a proper light saber battle. Its fundamentally what its all about. Actually being a jedi (or equivalent).
They have seriously dropped the ball with this.
Either they didnt think (understandably) that wii would be a success and so didnt plan to do anything for it. Or, didnt want to make force unleashed for wii, and favoured making a star wars game JUST for wii to do the game and system justice; then realised it would take ages and cost alot, so at the last minute have decided to just port accross the PS2 version. This means the game play wont be nearly as involved as it could. The graphics wont be as good as they should. And the controls will be an 'add on' support for the wiimote, and wont be the fluid motion imitation into a lightsaber as we all have wanted ever since we heard about the wii.
Unfortunately you're right.

Following on...

What we want from the controls is to be able to make a movement with the wiimote, and have it replicated by the character with lightsaber on the screen. The system is capable of this, however because i'm nearly sure it will be a PS2 port version, It will play like the Zelda sword movements.
ie, stock movements just like you had just pressed the attack button on a control pad, and no matter how you swing the wiimote, the lighsaber will repeat the exact same movement.
Rubbish.

f1982 said:
Following on...

What we want from the controls is to be able to make a movement with the wiimote, and have it replicated by the character with lightsaber on the screen. The system is capable of this, however because i'm nearly sure it will be a PS2 port version, It will play like the Zelda sword movements.
ie, stock movements just like you had just pressed the attack button on a control pad, and no matter how you swing the wiimote, the lighsaber will repeat the exact same movement.
Rubbish.

I have to agree. If they think they can palm off a cheap sh*tty port of the PS2 version then I want no part of it. I want to see something that uses the full motion capabilites of the wii and updated graphics from the PS2 version. I will continue to watch the progress of this game closely, but so far im skeptical.

deeman said:
I have to agree. If they think they can palm off a cheap sh*tty port of the PS2 version then I want no part of it. I want to see something that uses the full motion capabilites of the wii and updated graphics from the PS2 version. I will continue to watch the progress of this game closely, but so far im skeptical.

It's basically all up to the Aussie developer who is taking charge of the game now. If they want to do the game justice, who knows, they just might. The other alternative is they're just in it for a quick buck, and spit out the game as soon as they can, which will more than likely result in a PS2 port, as it is probably easier to build the game from scratch on the PS2.

Back