Does Elite fix the rings?

Hugh345

WiiChat Member
Oct 25, 2007
Adelaide, Australia
A mate of mine was asking around as to what kind of 360 he should buy...I told him about the risks of the rings, but he gave me a speech on how the elite fixes the problem.

From what ive read the elite uses the exact same interior chipset as the regular, so how could it fix it?

Doesnt the elite use a heat-sink system? Or is it the Halo 3 Edition Xbox? One of them. I know one of them features the heat-sink to try to prevent overheating, leading to the RROD. How good of a job it does is something I couldn't tell you.

i heard the elite just had a lower risk of getting the red rings

Say no to nuclear energy?

why? It's cheaper than gas generators, and perfectly clean if the reactor is well covered and the nuclear waste is burried in re-enforced containers.

Too Slow: To have any significant impact on greenhouse emissions, 100s of new nuclear reactors would have to be built. Each reactor takes about 15 years to plan & Construct, which is too late in teh race against global warming.

Too Expensive: Each reactor costs several billion dollars to construct and operate. This money would be diveted away from much more effective, safe & timely greenhouse reduction measures. Renewable energy sources are increasingly cost effective & cheaper than nuclear power. For the same investment, wind power generates 5 times as many jobs as nuclear power.

Too Ineffective: Nuclear power is not an effective means of reducing greenhouse gas emissions. Energy efficiency measures deliver almost 7 times greater reductions in greenhouse emissions per dollar invested than nuclear power.

Too Expensive: Nuclear weapons are but one of the by products of a Nuclear industry. If you have the reactor, you have the ability to have a bomb. The risk of water contamination is very high at the uranium mining stage of the nuclear feul cycle. Rio Tinto's Ranger uranium mine in the Kakadu National park has troubled history with over 120 documented incidents, spills & leaks since it opened in 1981. Workers were recently exposes to drinking and washing water with uranium levels 400 times greater than the maximum Australian safety standard. The contamination - and a subsequent seperate leak of around 150,000 litres of contaminated water into a creek system of Kakadu World Heritage listed wetlands - saw the mine temporarily shutdown.

Too Thirsty: Australia is one of the driest continents on earth and water is scarce and valuble. "The water requirements for a nuclear power station can vary between 20 to 83% more than for other power stations." (Australia Dept. of Parliamentary services). Every stage of the nuclear feul cycle requires vast amounts of water, for example, BHP Billitons Olympic Dam mine in South Australia (my state) is the largest industrial user of water in the southern hemisphere.

I agree Hugh. We need to look into more renewable sources like solar, geothermal, wind ect. Apologies for dragging off topic.

no it doesnt fix the rings completely, but it will possibly will last longer than original 360s i suppose dont quote me on it, though. i read that the 360 will always suffer from the red rings, be it the elite, halo edition, pro, core..they are all at risk of failing until microsoft bring out their next console with a whole new chipset and design(the design is part in the conspiracy of why it overheats) i know it sounds like im putting the 360 down, im on the fence with this one, love the system..games and all, but its gotten the rings twice on me and well, i broke some more stuff around the house..

Last edited:
Back