RIP Xbox 360

Jay61

WiiChat Member
Mar 25, 2007
Wii Online Code
4116-4612-5453-3059
My 360 has just died.

It crashes apon loading up and at most will run for around 5 minutes. Actually Ive been trying for a while now and it wont even load up...the power light comes on then turns to the feared red ring of death.

Im slightly annoyed to be honest, my 360 is the only console I have ever had problems of this nature with. Is it so much to ask they make working consoles...

I know Im not the first one to have an issue like this, and was wondering if anyone knew what I could to to fix it? Sending it back is the last thing I wanna do so anything other than that would be awesome

Thanks in advance!

It's Microsoft, what did you expect? They make computers that freeze/crash and dont work most the time,of course their console will have problems too. Its probably got a PC virus or something.

lee.jarratt said:
It's Microsoft, what did you expect? They make computers that freeze/crash and dont work most the time,of course their console will have problems too. Its probably got a PC virus or something.

Microsoft doesn't make computers. They make the fantastic operating system called Windows, and I bet at least 90% of the users on here use it and are content with it. That was completely wrong and unhelpful.

Your Xbox 360 didn't get a "PC virus or something", but I'm sure a simple Google search will help. I'll be right back.

Edit: Hardware failure. Here, straight from Microsoft: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/907534

Last edited:
My god the Wii owns... said:
Microsoft doesn't make computers. They make the fantastic operating system called Windows, and I bet at least 90% of the users on here use it and are content with it. That was completely wrong and unhelpful.

Your Xbox 360 didn't get a "PC virus or something", but I'm sure a simple Google search will help. I'll be right back.

I was having a laugh, lol! Lighten up

Okay at the moment its clinging to life...

Its loaded up and on the menu screen fine, which is better than before...but it refuses to play a game without crashing.

>_< AHHHHHH

[EDIT]My 100th post would be one where I'm moaning wouldn't it..

Bah, my Dad's gotta ring up Microsoft or who ever soon, they're gonna have to fix/replace mine due to it not playing games, yet playing CDs and stuff. Look through on Google there's loaaads a problems with 360's. Either way, I still love 360 :]

is it a pro or core? if it is a pro remove the hard rive and give it some time to cool down than try to play a game that might work other than that call M$

It's a pro..I'll give that a go for now. I've let it cool previous, but not with the HD removed.

Fingers crosses it'll help.

Jay61 said:
It's a pro..I'll give that a go for now. I've let it cool previous, but not with the HD removed.

Fingers crosses it'll help.
Also just noticed your surfinrach's boyfriend (methinks) woopwoop :] gotta feeling both of us are gonna be waiting weeks for Xbox to fix ours :/ doubt anything's gonna work.

Heh yeah thats me alright :p

And if I do send it away it better not take long..or I shall hunt them!

Jay61 said:
Heh yeah thats me alright :p

And if I do send it away it better not take long..or I shall hunt them!

Hunt them twice until their backs snap.

Jay61 said:
Okay at the moment its clinging to life...

Its loaded up and on the menu screen fine, which is better than before...but it refuses to play a game without crashing.

>_< AHHHHHH

[EDIT]My 100th post would be one where I'm moaning wouldn't it..
if you bought it under a year ago you can still send it back to m$, and they pay for everything, shipping/fixing whatever

They pay for shipping too? Awesome I might go for that then...lucky for me it was bought July last year so I still have time.

Back