does it really matter?

blogman54

Wiifan54
Feb 14, 2007
Ok I work for a retailer, and I see allot of 360 core's not being sold so my question is does it matter if the 360 have been sitting on the shelf for months? does it hurt it? I want to hear your thoughts

-blogman54

well its been out for a year, if it wasnt in stock thatd be a really bad thing
+ no one buys cores

As long as it isnt dropped or tampered with, unopened would have a nice long shelf life.

Most electronics dont just stop working if they sit for a long time without being used.

As Sovieto says, no one really buys the Core version. When I got my 360 in Jan. 06, they were still impossible to find. I found 1 core stashed in a target so I bought it, but ended up shelling out extra dough for the wireless controller, HD cables and hard drive. I recently read somewhere that since the Elite version is coming out soon, they will probably do away with the Core all together, leaving the 2 choices as Premium or Elite.

But to answer your inital question, they have been out for awhile, so the fact that they are still on the shelf is nothing for Microsoft to worry about. Look at the PS2. Its a last gen system, you can find it at any store, but according to Sony, they are still making phenominal sales.

People do buy the core packs
But they tend to think its a new kind of Playstation

Darkprinny said:

People do buy the core packs
But they tend to think its a new kind of Playstation
yah it is true
core backs are good, but with the value the premimum gives you theres like no reason to get a core now
and i believe m$ stated they will not dicontinue the core, but that would be a smart idea (and a bad one)
Good reason:
-be able to let devs cache resources off of the harddrive
Bad reason:
-people with cores would be pissed for being left out in the cold

I think it's too late now but seeing as all consoles are only going to have one version soon

Back