Does the Wii function without being online?

art

WiiChat Member
Nov 13, 2006
Just wondering, do i have to have the internet in order for the wii to work? Or can i just buy one, a copy of zelda and whatever else and play them straight out of the box? Or do you *have* to get online and do all this stuff? I just want to buy a wii and play zelda. or is it like you *have* to get online, like wow or something.

the only thing you need online for is sending mii's to people or virtual console games (only to download them not play them) and the forcast and news and internet channels (upcoming)

updates come through the net connection. but to play TP you dont need a connection

But with all the software updates to the Wii, its best to get a internet connection in the future so your Wii is always updated with the latest firmware...

But from what you want.. all goods to go..

Quockies said:
But with all the software updates to the Wii, its best to get a internet connection in the future so your Wii is always updated with the latest firmware...

But from what you want.. all goods to go..
Although, I believe all the updates (at least so far) have had to do with the internet connection, so it would kind of defeat iteslf.

Back