Does the Wii Zapper really make playing CoD better?

KoW210

WiiChat Member
Mar 2, 2009
I play slouched with my wirelss nunchuck and wii remote and I put my remote on my belly (which is almost nonexistent) to keep my aim steady so is the Wii Zapper better for aiming?

I have never played the game without the zapper. It does take a lot of getting used to. I play with the alpha button configuration because I don't like the zapper button setup. Once you get used to it I think it plays very smooth and accurate. The most difficult aspect of it is the reaction time to cycle weapons/reload or throw grenades, or melee attack since you have to reach on top of the contoller to do that. With practice it becomes pretty effortless. I hold it shooting with my left hand and have the right hand in the back on the control stick. I hold it out like a swat or spec ops person would hold their smg. Makes it easier to control that way. Try it out. I think it makes the game a lot more fun!!!

-Shallowbay

yeah but if you have big hands you'll hate it cuz it hurts um, i play with the zapper on the twiching preset cuz i dont have steady hands & it works awsome

i have a basic spinning chair. I turn it so the back rest is facing the screen. I lay my arms on the top of the back rest and play from there. (lot easier to aim fast and well)

kkko

i use nunchuck&wiimote online,but i played through most of the campaign with the wiizaper' and it works great!

join my clan (IK), just PM me if u join.

Last edited:
GET THE ZAPPER!! It rules man. Took a day to get used to and now all my games I go positive. I get dogs with any gun easily. You should check it out.

So for those who are a fan of COD WAW with the zapper (like myself)

I am debating on getting the Conduit. I know the back of the game doesn't mention using the zapper, but I asked this on the conduit thread and some people said it still works. Anyone that uses it in WAW use it in the Conduit and would you recommend it?

We just got a Wii the other day still getting used to the remotes,,, a lot different than other game controls,,,,, I did get a Zapper with the LED,,, and got a used game; COD 3 just to see if the zapper was ok,,,,, pretty wild,,, how do you use the LED,,, it is no where close to the target for aiming,,,, when does the LED come in handy ?

Hey if anyone is interested I'm a moderator for the KOW clan (Kings Of War) and we would love for you to join. When I first joined my kill death ratio was 0.64 now it's 1.06 and rising. We are a wonderful clan and will accept people who are excellent players or are players that want to get better and activley participate. Go to http://kowiiclan.webs.com/ and talk to Norwich or another Co-leader to join. Tell them Wrinkle sent you cuz well... i want to get promoted.

Better

Way better. It might take a few hours to get used to but once you do it's more accurate and make the game seem like you're really shooting something. My win ratio free 4 all is about 2-1 and k:D usually about 3-1. 2nd Prestige 40. It has definitely made me a better player.

Get the zapper, it makes up for Wii's grpahics and I wouldn't trade it for a second for a PS3 or Xbox.

Back