downloadable content for games/movies/etc

there wont be any content for Nintendo this gen, next gen they would probably include a hard drive so the wii2 or whatever it will be called will be capable of downloadable movies and game content like songs or map packs etc.

Marthrian said:
Will nintendo make something so we can download stuff?

like, guitar hero-new songs, maybe on wii shop.

- saveable videos/pictures/etc from internet to wii.

and things like that.

...Make something?

You mean like a shop channel:sick:

The wii already has the shop channel and in Japan the everyones nintendo channel.

Downloadable games and movies are already here and songs are coming next year.

ref1mind said:
the only movie is metroid 3...lol...more baby more

That was a channel that streamed videos from internet...

i do still think nintendo is making great strides in online gaming, at a minimum though they need gamertags and headsets

ref1mind said:
are u serious? then why istn it named the wii vids channel or something...lol..im confused.

Because it offers information and such not just videos.

--

We could just continue streaming video from the internet, it is quick and easy and doesn't take up memory.

To the guy who mentioned SD cards as extra memory, you can only put stuff on there but you can't play a game directly from the card itself. The problem with the SD card is that it's too slow. They need a USB hard drive. With all those damn games on the VC and some more with WiiWare, I'm going to run out of memory and me deleting stuff is not convenient for me. A small 5 gig hard drive would be more than enough.

hm...the fact that metroid streams media from the internet.....!!!!
why not making a video channel, which streams movies or music from the internet??? this can be possible!!

but i don't think nintendo will consider that..... :(

1. GH3 for Wii will have downloadable songs, just like the PS3 and 360 versions.
2. The Everybody's Nintendo Channel is Comming (just not fast enough) and will have downloadable previews, and DS demos.
3. WiiWare is coming (Mid-summer for Japan, hopefully by NEXT Christmas for US), which will feature Downloadable Wii Games. Not just VC stuff, but full on new games that utilize the Wii's full potential.

So, they're headed in the right direction. They just need to move a bit faster about it.

LiquidD said:
To the guy who mentioned SD cards as extra memory, you can only put stuff on there but you can't play a game directly from the card itself. The problem with the SD card is that it's too slow. They need a USB hard drive. With all those damn games on the VC and some more with WiiWare, I'm going to run out of memory and me deleting stuff is not convenient for me. A small 5 gig hard drive would be more than enough.

I am fully aware of SD cards its just all we have at the moment, they may require the switching around with the wii memory but it is 'extra memory' per say.

Cpt.McCloud said:
I am fully aware of SD cards its just all we have at the moment, they may require the switching around with the wii memory but it is 'extra memory' per say.
I wouldn't really call it extra memory. This is the way I see it. There is no point to the SD cards if you want to store more VC games because you can just delete them and re-download them later on the Wii shop channel. The SD card thing is almost the same as doing that since it takes a long time to copy the data over to the Wii from the SD card. The SD card just saves you a trip to the Wii shop channel.

Back