downloadable content for games/movies/etc

LiquidD said:
I wouldn't really call it extra memory. This is the way I see it. There is no point to the SD cards if you want to store more VC games because you can just delete them and re-download them later on the Wii shop channel. The SD card thing is almost the same as doing that since it takes a long time to copy the data over to the Wii from the SD card. The SD card just saves you a trip to the Wii shop channel.

I am covering Game Saves mainly and you cannot delete and get back later which is where the SD card steps in to do so/

LiquidD said:
Not unless they come out with a hard drive.
Yeah a HDD is essential if Nintendo is thinking about stepping into the downloadable content realm. Cause I know people with XBOX Elites and they have filled those up with movies, music, and downloadable content.

Cpt.McCloud said:
I am covering Game Saves mainly and you cannot delete and get back later which is where the SD card steps in to do so/
Yes, if you delete a game, you can re-download it. I've done it a billion of times. If you don't trust me, try this. Get an SD card and save whatever game you want on there, just for you to feel safe about doing this. Delete the game you copied and go back to the Wii Shop channel and look for it or just go that little section that tells you the games you've downloaded before. Find the game you deleted and re-download it. After you do this, I expect an apology here.

About games saves: Yes, the wii does have enough for a bunch of games since most just take up like one block, but the thread is about "downloadable content for games, movies, etc."
So, bleh. :sick:

Downloadable stuff will never happen, unless it takes up very small memory space. Smaller than NES VC games. The only was I can this happening is with a hard drive which we all hope to see in the future.

Nintendo may have downloadable content one day but i will be placed on the SD memory card! They will probably update it where wii channels would be read off of the SD memory card too!

i think they just need a small flash drive for the usb ports and a movie download channel but the movies could be just temporary, like a week, and u could only "rent" one at a time

i agree. With the usb ports you could just make a wiiware update to where it can interact with large flash drives.

LiquidD said:
Yes, if you delete a game, you can re-download it. I've done it a billion of times. If you don't trust me, try this. Get an SD card and save whatever game you want on there, just for you to feel safe about doing this. Delete the game you copied and go back to the Wii Shop channel and look for it or just go that little section that tells you the games you've downloaded before. Find the game you deleted and re-download it. After you do this, I expect an apology here.

Sorry for double post...

You sir misread my post. I was talking about game saves not VC games. You can't just delete a game save and then magically get it back later unless it is saved elsewhere. I am also aware of the fact of delete and re downloadable vc games. After you read this, I expect an apology here.

Cpt.McCloud said:
You're very late...masses upon masses of people have spoken already:lol:

Yes, but there are masses upom masses of people who havn't see this allready, so this information will be new to them.

Back