E for All

^No, the home screen shown in multiple videos is the only thing the players got to see.

just tell us how good it is compared to melee. is it as good as every1 here is saying and are you still as amped as you were before for getting this??
what are some negatives about the game?

^Yes, it is fun.

Many people have been discouraged by the fact that Sakurai has taken out many advanced techniques (WDing, L canceling, etc.) but the people at the event have assured us that this game is FUN. This is not Melee 2.0, this is BRAWL.

hi idk how i missed this thread... HELLO MYSIMS HOWS IT GOING OVER THERE!

MetaKnight has been confirmed to pwn, atleast at a noob level. It is assumed that he will be extremely high tier and multiple reports have said that his FSA is one quick slash at an enemy that is almost always a KO.

thank christ

I believe Short hopping is still in heres a big quote from Smash Boards on whats newly discovered of brawl. Zauron made the thread with the aid of various attendees info including Gimpyfish. heres the link for rest of info and yes :p its ALOT http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=120062

GENERAL MECHANICS:
- Can you Wavedash? Can you Waveland?
No, dodges are based on momentum now

- Is L-cancelling still in?
Doesn't seem to be, but lag on air attacks has been reduced

- Can you short hop and fastfall?
Yes, but short hop seems impossible on the Wii-mote only controls, or at least very difficult.

- Any changes to DI?
DI is MUCH more pronounced, you can get out of stuff a lot easier, takes knockback easier, can survive until 200!

- Can you still do Up Smashes and Up+B out of a shield?
It appears so (you can with bowser at least)

- Is Chain Throwing still viable (and cheap), or has it been removed/made much more difficult?
Seems chain throws are still in, reported Pikachu can with DThrow and Mario can as well.

- Does dodging while hanging on a ledge still count you as on the ledge for the entire length of the dodge animation, preventing others from grabbing it? Any changes or additions to ledge hogging and options available when hanging from a ledge?
Gimpyfish seemed to indicate that this was all the same as in Melee

- Does footstool jumping take away your second jump or does it just give you a free jump in addition to double-jumping? Can you do it while in free-fall state after an Up+B? Can everyone do it or only certain characters?
the footstool requires you to have a jump. It is pretty much your jump plus a spike/stun on the other person. If you do not have any jump then you cannot perform a footstool jump. I tried doing this by jumping twice and then do it but nothing happens.

- How do you crawl, and does there seem to be any use for it? Can anyone do it or just certain characters?
Seems only certain characters, like wall-jumpers. Done with Down+Forward

- Apparantly you can now double-jump after an air-dodge. Is this true? What other things can you do after an air-dodge, if any?
Air dodging is now just like an air A attack - no change to trajectory, just invincibility frames instead of attack frames, and after it is done you can double-jump (if you haven't used it yet), attack, Up+B, dodge again, whatever. Note that after the invincibility frames end there is a decent chunk of lag before the air dodge animation is complete and you can do other things.

- Can the C-Stick still perform airials? Does it still throw items in the direction pressed?
C-stick does perform aerials. I was able to do aerials with it while holding an item as well. It seems you can also do charged smashes by holding the stick, and if you are holding your main stick in a direction and press the C-stick in the same direction you'll do a tilt instead of a Smash (meaning CC DSmash's are harder to do now).

- Can you describe the different in feel in overall speed and physics between Brawl and Melee? Are characters all universally "floaty" like in N64, or can some still naturally fall quickly like in Melee?
Via Gimpyfish - Feels slower, definitely, on classic, feels awkward, accidentally jump alot, can't SH on the wiimote, everyone is so floaty. Brawl plays really differently, it’s awkward for now because not used to it. Not a lot of lag for moves, maybe lag lowered for sake of demo.

- Can all Up+B's automatically sweetspot on the way UP, not just when falling, as Link's apparantly can (as seen in the 7 minute Gamespot video where Link does an Up+B and sweetspots it on the way up, whereas in Melee he'd have gone up above the ledge then fallen to grab it)? Does double-jumping up past a ledge also automatically grab it, and if so, does this mean Ledge Hopping is no longer an option (since the hop would just make you grab the ledge again)?
It sounds like all Up+B's can sweetspot ledges, plus you can grab ledges while facing away from them now. You can even easily edge-hog by running off the ledge then smashing back toward the ledge to grab it as you fall past it with it behind you.

^Yes, that was a misconception. Its either impossible or extremely hard to do with the wii-remote.

JerryC said:
thank christ
Actually I'm pretty sure I posted that :wink:

LevesqueIsKing said:
...You are allowed to film them.

Why would there be 'copyright issues' if they are playing a demo?

actually i heard that you weren't allowed to and the L.A.P.D. were there making sure you didn't, but it wasn't that hard to sneakily videotape it

mushroomedmario said:
actually i heard that you weren't allowed to and the L.A.P.D. were there making sure you didn't, but it wasn't that hard to sneakily videotape it
ive seen many many vids of brawl in e for all (that rhymed!!!). And what is it the LAPD's business anyway? Is it just me or does it seem a little random

You can shoot off-screen, but not directly. And they cut down on news sites more than a few people from here and there. They turned away cameras on the really awesome things.

All according to representatives from our competitive wii site lol.

Z3wpk said:
ive seen many many vids of brawl in e for all (that rhymed!!!). And what is it the LAPD's business anyway? Is it just me or does it seem a little random

it's their busuiness cause the corporations probably asked them too

likewise there's police officers always at my school dances and what not cause my school ask them to be there...

mushroomedmario said:
it's their busuiness cause the corporations probably asked them too

likewise there's police officers always at my school dances and what not cause my school ask them to be there...
yea true good point but i love how they need police for a topic of video games lmao and btw waayyy off topic i posted a sig in the contest thing

Back