Earthbound!!!

Some time in the mounth of Aune

In other words nobody knows

Probably never. There is clearly some legal issue or something that Nintendo won't divulge.

Otherwise, what possible reason could there be that it is not yet out? Thousands upon thousands have been chanting for it; Nintendo has to be well aware that it'll sell well. Even if that isn't the case, it can't matter that much. Just look at the TONS of pure crap that has been uploaded for the VC. I bet that tons of the crap games on there have sold fewer than 100 copies.

Anyway, Earthbound will never come out for VC. It'll never come out for the DS or GBA in the US. Long story short, we'll never see it again in the US. Just download an emulator and a ROM. My feeling is that if Nintendo won't even offer it to us, there is absolutely nothing wrong with playing the ROM.

i'm geting sick of vc cuz of the crap games i have not got one for ages. wait paper mario 64 was my last one

We will probably see Earthbound next year. They plan on launching another Harvest Moon game on the DS in the future. Nintendo has a habit of launching VC with their newer games. Metroid Prime 3 launched we got Metroid 1, 3.

The odds of receiving Earthbound are up in the air now. However, it only takes one announcement and then we'll know when to expect it. I'm going to guess some time in middle-late 2008.

What makes you think we'll get it at all? It's probably the most wanted VC game out there along with SMRPG?

So let's think about this logically? If this is the case, why wouldn't Nintendo release it? Are they actively going out of their way NOT to release the games people want?

Or could it be that they simply cannot release it?

Now let's think about it: Which is the most logical explanation?

Why would Nintendo be having legal issues with one of their own games? It was created by HAL Laboratories, who still work as second-party developer for Nintendo. The most likely explanation is that they simply haven't got around to releasing it.

Atomheart said:
What makes you think we'll get it at all? It's probably the most wanted VC game out there along with SMRPG?

So let's think about this logically? If this is the case, why wouldn't Nintendo release it? Are they actively going out of their way NOT to release the games people want?

Or could it be that they simply cannot release it?

Now let's think about it: Which is the most logical explanation?

I'm starting to think that nintendo's evil chinese twin Chintendo has somehow hacked into nintendo's computers.
they've been filtering vc to make sure only bad games are released.
Luckily, a few good games have slipped through, such as SMB3, and Paper Mario. It's only a matter of time until chintendo finds out I've leaked this information.....

Nooooo, you'll never take me alive!!!!!

Last edited:
Earthbound (Mother2) fans are a truely small group outside Japan.

It sold Horribly in both the US and Europe.

We still haven't gotten Mother3, and it came out in April 2006.
Nor have we gotten Mother1+2, the GBA port of Mother and Mother2(earthbound) which came out back in 2003.

I doubt we will see any of the games again, though I would like to see them on virtual console.

TiwazTyrsfist said:
Earthbound (Mother2) fans are a truely small group outside Japan.

It sold Horribly in both the US and Europe.

Worse than that, it didn't sell ANYTHING here. Nintendo didn't bother to release it here. :(

Back