Elebits first title to leverage WiiConnect24

Oh well, it's like Mario vs. Donkey Kong: March of the Minis 2 for the DS.
It has the same feature of sending maps over to other players through wifi and though elebits is a start. Go Nintendo!

elebits looks a bit kiddish, we need more more manly games. Regardless of that fact, It looks somewhat interesting.

xbandaidx said:
elebits looks a bit kiddish, we need more more manly games. Regardless of that fact, It looks somewhat interesting.

God here we go again, so what if it is kiddish, Mario is kiddish yet it is one of the best games going.

The gameplay looks amazing, it is a great use of the Wiimote.

xbandaidx said:
so you want a mature elebits game ok rings nintendo " replace the zap guns with shot guns":idea:

Wow thats pretty cool, i was wondering about getting it but if its gunna be a lil online thats pretty cool, generateing maps would be a pretty cool concept of using it also...thanks for the great info agan i0n!

exciting news. i was planning to buy this game anyway, but that's just more icing on an already tastey treat.

:D

When I said kiddish I meant that the graphics don't have to be all cutesy wutesy. Mario, Zelda and them aren't cutesy wutesy. they are fine.

This one reminds me of the Teletubbies....

Well wait. Can we ZAP these Teletubbie-like characters? If so, I'm all for it.

Yeah Nintendo needs to lay off the young-kid oriented graphics, and we as Nintendo fans need to be the ones demanding this, OK?
So here we go:
Subject matter, content, story: all of these can be as youthful and silly as they wanna be as long as they're fun, but the GRAPHICS need to be left to those who can make a game atleast APPEAR to take itself seriously.
Put it this way: Young, kiddie gamers can easily appreciate and adopt a graphically awesome game. They'll never reject a title because the graphics are just TOO GOOD...
Older gamers on the other hand, HAVE already and will CONTINUE TO reject MANY games based on their ridicuolusly elementary and juvenile approach to appearance and presentation.
When I was young, in the days of the NES, no matter how stupid or pointless the plot was, it didn't matter. But I was ALWAY hoping for better graphics, and a more polished presentation....dig?

Transfixed said:
Yeah Nintendo needs to lay off the young-kid oriented graphics, and we as Nintendo fans need to be the ones demanding this, OK?
So here we go:
Subject matter, content, story: all of these can be as youthful and silly as they wanna be as long as they're fun, but the GRAPHICS need to be left to those who can make a game atleast APPEAR to take itself seriously.
Put it this way: Young, kiddie gamers can easily appreciate and adopt a graphically awesome game. They'll never reject a title because the graphics are just TOO GOOD...
Older gamers on the other hand, HAVE already and will CONTINUE TO reject MANY games based on their ridicuolusly elementary and juvenile approach to appearance and presentation.
When I was young, in the days of the NES, no matter how stupid or pointless the plot was, it didn't matter. But I was ALWAY hoping for better graphics, and a more polished presentation....dig?

You obviously know nothing of Nintendo, as you criticize them heavily on how they rely on graphics. There happen to be many graphics that may look 'childish' or even cellshaded, but still they are wonderful games. A prime example of this is Pikmin. Many people thought that this would be a game for simpleton children who are in primary levels, but that's far from the case as it requires stratagey, same goes for Battalion Wars. The concept on Elebits may be a simple 'hide' and seek type of ordeal, but it's simple to play but yet more than likely going to be difficult to have to capture every single Elebit. Nintendo makes 'juvenile' types of games for everyone to play. If you wish to look at tits and hentai, please do that upon your own time, as only pedophiles, perverts and desperate virgins seem to be lurking on the internet for those types of games and websites. If you're going to criticize this game this much, just pass by it, don't even look at it. Go get a 360 game or even Metroid Prime for Christ sake. And graphics don't always mean everything, sure eye candy is nice, but without gameplay, that's all it will ever be. Here's a prime example: Gundam Crossfire, the graphics look amazing but yet the mechanics and control scheme is terrible and sluggish, it even includes invisible walls! Invisible walls were around the Psx/N64 era, and now it's also on the Ps3? But like you said, you'd rather go for a more "polished" game rather than it having any gameplay.

Kamikaze said:
You obviously know nothing of Nintendo, as you criticize them heavily on how they rely on graphics. There happen to be many graphics that may look 'childish' or even cellshaded, but still they are wonderful games. A prime example of this is Pikmin. Many people thought that this would be a game for simpleton children who are in primary levels, but that's far from the case as it requires stratagey, same goes for Battalion Wars. The concept on Elebits may be a simple 'hide' and seek type of ordeal, but it's simple to play but yet more than likely going to be difficult to have to capture every single Elebit. Nintendo makes 'juvenile' types of games for everyone to play. If you wish to look at tits and hentai, please do that upon your own time, as only pedophiles, perverts and desperate virgins seem to be lurking on the internet for those types of games and websites. If you're going to criticize this game this much, just pass by it, don't even look at it. Go get a 360 game or even Metroid Prime for Christ sake. And graphics don't always mean everything, sure eye candy is nice, but without gameplay, that's all it will ever be. Here's a prime example: Gundam Crossfire, the graphics look amazing but yet the mechanics and control scheme is terrible and sluggish, it even includes invisible walls! Invisible walls were around the Psx/N64 era, and now it's also on the Ps3? But like you said, you'd rather go for a more "polished" game rather than it having any gameplay.

Good god....please re-read my post, because you obviously didn't understand what I was saying. Tits and Hentai?? Don't be stupid, I wasn't saying anything of the sort.
Firstly, I've owned every single main Nintendo system, so I know a LOT about them. Understand what I'm saying: Yes, Pikmin is awesome. Elebits will probably be awesome. I KNOW that graphics aren't everything, it's all about the GAMEPLAY....please re-read again what I said.
My point WAS, and IS:
No matter HOW great Pikmin is, how many people do you think didn't even bother playing it because IT LOOKED SO CHILDISH?!?!
Do you think it would have been LESS fun if it LOOKED a little more approachable to older people? NO.
Games don't lose any audience for having too good of graphics. Young people don't shy away from great graphics.
But they DO lose a large percentage of potential audience by looking too damn "Kiddie"....don't you see?
And I never said anything about Nintendo "relying" on graphics. If you're going to try and rebut my point, atleast quote things I actually said.

I don't want shotguns and blood. I don't want carjackings and murders. I don't want "Tits and Hentai" (idiot)....

I want games, no matter how silly or ridiculous of youthful in spirit, TO LOOK GOOD to people other than the 6-and-under crowd.
And they DO make those games, I understand.
But so many potential main-stream hits become shrouded in relative obscurity by their Kindergarten-themed presentation. Period. It's a fact.
Elebits will be the next example of this, mark my words. No matter HOW great the game is, too many people will overlook it and not even bother, BECAUSE OF THE KIDDIE GRAPHICS.
*That* is what I want Nintendo to steer gently away from. Don't you all?

Back