England

A

adf3424sdff

:cool: Ok, ive seen thread about another country and i thought 'hey, what do people think of England, what do you like/dont like about it?'
So what do you think? discuss away :cool:

Well I like ummmmmmmm the tourist sites and I hate chavs (I live in London)

Ooh another one except on England now, maybe i should stat a Scotland one.

But mmmm lets think...... England,England. Not sure, except many,many chavs, London fashion and Tower Bridge.

Like England
Hate all them there foreigners that dont speak English
(Manchester)

Manchester [Heres ther Trio]

I'd prefer to live in Canada [Not the French Part]
Or Japan But as a country it's ok.

Umm theres Food and Football and BEER of course [Wish I was 2 years older lol]

Dislikes:
Ummm like Prinny said 'Hate all them there foreigners that dont speak English' have to agree lol. I HATE the French [Guess it's A British thing] and ummmm I hate Chavs. Also the price we pay for games :(
Last thing I hate the WEATHER! on Average quite poor, Better than earthquakes though I suppose

Otherwise good Country xD
[Lol made it seem bad now but I like it really :)]

Last edited:
Manchester also had Bodingtons (The one with the funnyest adds)
We have the big spiky thing
Sale sharks rugby
And as council that doesn't know what its doing (Redo a house then tear it down)(build a house keep it up for ten years then knock it down)
We also have the best outdoor pool this explains it

Darkprinny said:
Manchester also had Bodingtons (The one with the funnyest adds) - Wo0P!
We have the big spiky thing - That thing has caused more problems than Bin Laden
Sale sharks rugby - Wo0P!
And as council that doesn't know what its doing (Redo a house then tear it down)(build a house keep it up for ten years then knock it down) - Thats Right
- LMAO

I live more towards Oldham Lol but Meh Manc is a 20 minute Bus Ride xD

Manchester - #1 City xD

Darkprinny said:
Manchester also had Bodingtons (The one with the funnyest adds)
We have the big spiky thing
Sale sharks rugby
And as council that doesn't know what its doing (Redo a house then tear it down)(build a house keep it up for ten years then knock it down)

the big spikey things rules but what the hell is it for

And pakistan 2
dont forget there
the place where English people look outa place

England is ok... If you ever go to USA, youd be surprised...

Well, there's a couple of things on both sides.

Pros:
Freedom of speech (albiet socially negotiated)
multicultural sociey (although not really very diverse in Cornwall)
We have interesting weather (you never know what it'd do from one minute to the next - stereotypical small talk for us Brits)
British films - Like American films, only a slightly different sense of humour and greater emphasis on irony.
NHS - If we get hurt, we get help no matter how poor you are (although you may have to wait 2 years)...

Cons:
Government - incompetent and decietful
Cost of living - Whilst not being unbearable like some other countries, it's can still get quite unfair, especially when you live in a part of the country with the highest house prices and the lowest wages - you don't leave home until you're 33! (If you're lucky!)
Geo political forces - We're constantly torn between US and Europe, both looking like giants that don't really care about what the British want or need.
CHAV's and racism - Whilst not exclusively British, we do have plenty of racism here, and the CHAV's make a mockery of the Justice system.
Nationalism - A whole heap of problems there.

Overall, if there was actually a place on Earth whereby the politicians were out for the people rather than profits, where pride is secondary to logic and where the state is run as a social backbone and not as a buisness, I would prefer to move there. But since it's not going to happen any time soon, I think I'll just grin and bear it here.

the arrogance and ignorance in englad angers me...i live in london, but more and more people are becoming NF's (National Fronts).

They dislike all foreign people, who ever they may be. What they dont realise is, no one is really "English" lol. The english came from many parts of the Europe, Normandy (French), Romans (italian), Vikings (Scandinavia) and some other groups that moved in to or invaded Britain

Squall7 said:
Well, there's a couple of things on both sides.

Pros:
Freedom of speech :But dont do that that or that
multicultural society So much so that English people are rare
We have interesting weather 4 sessions in one day
British films - Monty Python
NHS - If we get hurt, we get help no matter how poor you are (although you may have to wait 2 years)...

Cons:
Government - Likes foreigners hates proper English
Cost of living - Unless your a foreigner this is a problem
Geo political forces - We're constantly torn between US and Europe, both looking like giants that don't really care about what the British want or need.
CHAV's and racism - We cant say anything about them but they can call us every thing
Nationalism - A whole heap of problems there.

Blooded is the truth

Haku said:
I personally love england, where all the classic rock artists are from.

Damn right
Gos off to listen to Saxon

Back