Epic Games VP Predicts Greatness for the Wii U

Maura

Super Moderator
Jul 7, 2011
UK
[FONT=&amp]
maura-albums-pictures-picture8673-wii-u-1.jpg

As if the prospect of Nintendo’s forthcoming Wii U console wasn’t already mouthwatering enough, from what we’ve been hearing, here comes another developer from a well-respected studio responsible for some of the greatest hardcore games around, saying great things about the Wii U. The developer in question is Mark Rein, VP of Epic Games, the studio behind the Unreal Engine, and the Gears of War and Infinity Blade franchises. When Rein was interviewed about the Wii U by Eurogamer at GDC in San Francisco last week, he seemed extremely enthusiastic about Nintendo’s new console, saying, “I like the Wii U. I think E3 will be a big eye-opener for people. I played Batman: Arkham City on the Wii U and they are doing some really cool stuff with the controller.”[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]Batman: Arkham City on Wii U?! This just gets better and better! But Rein is not finished yet, asking us to imagine just what the Unreal Engine 3 will be able to do with the Wii U![/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]“Do you remember the Zelda demo they had on it?” Rein told Eurogamer. “Would you not buy a Wii U just to play that? Of course you would. That’s what Nintendo is all about. Their hardware is the software delivery service for their great content. That Zelda demo was gorgeous and we can do even more than that with Unreal Engine 3. I think it will do great.”[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]Rein went on to enthuse even more about the Wii U, saying that he will be “shocked” if it doesn’t suceed, as well as saying that he thinks that it will be a console that parents will want to buy for their kids. [/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]“It’s a great brand that a lot of parents really trust and they’re probably ready to buy their kids an HD Wii that does that much more than just being an HD Wii.”[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]Source: http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2012-03-12-epic-vp-id-be-shocked-if-wii-u-doesnt-do-well[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]
[/FONT]

First Assassin's Creed III, now Arkham City... Hmmm. The pressure to be ordering PS3/360 games for the WiiU instead is getting stronger and stronger. :lol:

[FONT=&]“an HD Wii that does that much more than just being an HD Wii.”[/FONT]

A good slogan.

Back