Error code when testing connection.

ZombieMassacre

NaziPirate
Dec 4, 2006
Huntington Beach, CA
Wii Online Code
3199-5019-7717-7955
Ok so, my first post. I know there are other post out there with information, but my Wii is aparently on crack. So going on, the Wii it self will not get on with wireless internet, gives me the same error code everytime. 52230 . I have nightmares of it. So I work at gamestop and I desided hey why not buy the USB wireless Wi-fi Connector, and to my knowledge with computers I cannot get my Wii to work with this either. So I call up Nintendo themselves and they have no idea what could be wrong. I know it is not my router, because it worked before the second update (which I think could be the problem) and it works with my X-Box 360, and it is not a firewall I have turned them all off. I have tried every channel, I have switched from 802.11g and b and every other crazy thing out there. I even manually put everything in to see if that would help, but to my surprise it did not. So if anyone has had this problem and solved it, maybe you can tell me what you did, and I can figure something out. My last option Nintendo said was to manually format it, and no way in hell am I doing that if I can't redownload my games, because I cannot get online. Thanks for reading, and it is greatfully appreciated for your help. Thanks again.:smilewinkgrin:

My friend thinks it is because it is a Gateway Modem/router, but I told him that has nothing to do with it is this a correct statement?

your router has notin to do with that cuz i have linksys and i have the same exact problem BTW does anyone know how to change your routers channel?

Bubbagump said:
your router has notin to do with that cuz i have linksys and i have the same exact problem BTW does anyone know how to change your routers channel?

Go to the menu for your router, and change the channel. The optimal channel for WiFi devices is channel 6.

And to the OT are you sure it wouldn't work even with WEP off?

I cant find the menu for my router cuz the computer its connected to is connected directly the wirless connection is for 2 other computers. My wii is also like 5 feet away from my router so i fond the connection point but it says error code 51331 so i go type in the error code on nintendo support and they say change the channel, i know what my channel is on now which is 6 but i dont know how to change it, it wont let me! and you should set you channel to 1 or 11 not 6 =P. Would opera browser make a difference?

you shouldn't have to be directly connected to the router to get into the configuration.

Make sure your firmware is upgraded.

well in my connections list on my directly connected computer the only connection thats there is my direct connection no wireless connection

and i am not entirly sure about how to get into ur router, but just get the ip. for RCA i know it is 192.168.0.1 and u put that in adress and the admin shud be admin or blank and password if admin= admin then it is password and if admin = *nothing* then password= admin

To find your IP go to Start>Run>Type in Cmd>then a black screen will come up and type "ipconfig/all". Once you have your IP set it to ur Adress and do what I said above.

all i wnat to know is how do i change my routers channel?

Back