ESRB Rating Distributions for ALL

Bliss

WiiChat Member
Aug 28, 2007
Wii Online Code
0000-0000-0000-0000
Wow i found this to be VERY interesting...here is the ESRB rating for Sony, Nintendo and Microsoft

esrbdistributions002.png

esrbdistributions003.png

esrbdistributions005.png

esrbdistributions006.png

esrbdistributions008.png

esrbdistributions009.png

esrbdistributions010.png

SOURCE

Thanks for the info, awesome pie charts.

I kinda guessed about the larger distribution of T games for sony and crapsoft, but I can't believe there are so many M games for PS3 :yikes: .

Thanks very much for sharing

I think nintendo produces just games for everyone but microsoft and sony produces mature games most of them are violent ones :).

Interesting.
However, my question is, does Mature mean better. Is there any correlation between the quality of the game and the rating? I know it's a subjective question, but the "hardcore" gamers seem to think that having many "M" rated games is preferable.

Also, since Nintendo openly markets the Wii to all ages, then wouldn't it make sense that they would prefer games that would appeal to the larger broader market.

neat! i love pie. lol

cool charts though, yeah i think theres only like 4 or 5 at most M games for DS

LoganSix said:
Interesting.
However, my question is, does Mature mean better. Is there any correlation between the quality of the game and the rating? I know it's a subjective question, but the "hardcore" gamers seem to think that having many "M" rated games is preferable.

Also, since Nintendo openly markets the Wii to all ages, then wouldn't it make sense that they would prefer games that would appeal to the larger broader market.

no mature doesnt mean better...but when all u seen are cartoon characters running around u kind of get bored of it and want something that is gonna suite u better

Most of the best games are rated T (this is my own personal opinion). I just find that T games are graphic enough to be immersive, but not so outragous that I'm almost offended.

Why is it interesting.....it seems to be exactly what you would expect......

Thanks very much for sharing

I think nintendo produces just games for everyone but microsoft and sony produces mature games most of them are violent ones .
No, it kinda suggests the opposite. Sony and M$ have a fair amount of games from all ratings, Nintendo is primarily E. Unfortunately pie charts don't show everything. The E games on the PS3 and 360 generally aren't very good, and don't sell well. :/

Bliss said:
no mature doesnt mean better...but when all u seen are cartoon characters running around u kind of get bored of it and want something that is gonna suite u better

Galaxy is rated E.
Don't really see a bunch of cartoon characters running around there.

Not all E games have cartoon characters, a lot of them do but not all.

paintba||er said:
Why is it interesting.....it seems to be exactly what you would expect......

you would expect a roughly 15% mature game ratio from nintendo??? not me

CantGetAWii said:
Galaxy is rated E.
Don't really see a bunch of cartoon characters running around there.

Not all E games have cartoon characters, a lot of them do but not all.

HOLY SH|T...I SAID YOU CAN GET BORED OF SEEIN CARTOON CHARACTERS...i NEVER said all E games are that way

Bliss said:
you would expect a roughly 15% mature game ratio from nintendo??? not me
Umm.....where the hell did you get that number? According to the link you gave, the Nintendo console with the highest percentage of M rated games is the GC, which only has 7.5% of it's games rated M. The Wii comes in with a measly 3.2%.

paintba||er said:

Umm.....where the hell did you get that number? According to the link you gave, the Nintendo console with the highest percentage of M rated games is the GC, which only has 7.5% of it's games rated M. The Wii comes in with a measly 3.2%.

OMG big deal i got the numbers wrong..numbers still low no matter wat.. but still u didnt answer wat i said...would u want the ratio that low?????????

Bliss said:
HOLY SH|T...I SAID YOU CAN GET BORED OF SEEIN CARTOON CHARACTERS...i NEVER said all E games are that way

HOLY CAP LOCKS.

Oh fixed it, sorry about that, and no need for the language there bud.
I was simply stating not all E games have cartoon characters.

But also, if all your seeing is cartoon characters, your playing the wrong games.
Your little pie chart for the Wii shows a decent amount of T games as well as some M games. Its not like your forced to played Barnyard and Cars all the time.

And if the Wii's selection is that bad for your taste buy another console then.
Personally I find the selection good, and find myself playing good games every day.

Again this isn't entirely directed at you, but other Wii owners as well who seem to complain from time to time.

Back