ESRB Rating Distributions for ALL

LoganSix said:
Interesting.
However, my question is, does Mature mean better. Is there any correlation between the quality of the game and the rating? I know it's a subjective question, but the "hardcore" gamers seem to think that having many "M" rated games is preferable.

Also, since Nintendo openly markets the Wii to all ages, then wouldn't it make sense that they would prefer games that would appeal to the larger broader market.

what would you rather play?
a game where you jump on something and it like pops
or a game where you have a gun and you shoot it at the opponent's head and the guy dies.

wooow ps3 and xbox 360 have soo much rated M than the wii xD i knew dis already but i wanted to know how much rated M games dey have:yesnod:

Bigred said:
what would you rather play?
a game where you jump on something and it like pops
or a game where you have a gun and you shoot it at the opponent's head and the guy dies.

Well Bigred, the "jumping on something and it like pops" is a crude description one of the game mechanics in one of the greatest gaming franchises of all time, whereas "shooting the opponent's head and the guy dies" has been in plenty of awful, terrible games.

Just because you get to kill people with guns doesn't make a game good, don't be silly.

devitek said:
Playing the Wii is like a little slice of childhood, and it's good that way.

Playing Manhunt on the Wii must be like a little slice of Charlie Manson's childhood.
I must admit I spent alot of my childhood shooting zombies in the face.

Last edited:
Bliss said:
Wow i found this to be VERY interesting...here is the ESRB rating for Sony, Nintendo and Microsoft

esrbdistributions002.png

esrbdistributions003.png

esrbdistributions005.png

esrbdistributions006.png

esrbdistributions008.png

esrbdistributions009.png

esrbdistributions010.png

SOURCE

Thats very interesting Bliss! Tween the game cube and the wii, this distribution of T and M rated games are different. I always expected Nintendo to be lower on the T and M rated games overall, but on the Wii, it's way off ballance when it comes to E rated games, vs T and M rated games. Thank you for showing this to us. It backs up some thoughts I have about how the wii is precieved by games developers.

But let us see, things may inprove over time.

Last edited:
Back