Experiencing somewhat of a lag

EagleJeff

WiiChat Member
Dec 31, 2007
I just picked up the 40" Sony XBR4 last week and with the virtual console games it seems to have a nice little lag to it. Would switching to the component cables for wii fix that lag? Right now I am just using the av cables that came with the thing... red, yellow, and white.

I'm planning on going out and getting these today if it will help my issue.

Also, the HD setting in the wii menu is not available to select, which I am assuming because I dont have the right component cables hooked up right? I think I have answered my own question here, but just want to confirm it.

Thanks.

Well it must be the wii then. All of my downloaded games are slow and are stretch out on the screen which may be causing the jumpiness. Mario is just not reacting right at all - SMB or SMB 3.

I'm going to try these component cables and see what happens.

Actually it is the component cables. Switching to 480p will fix the lag.

Also, the HD setting in the wii menu is not available to select, which I am assuming because I dont have the right component cables hooked up right

Right

That's what I read on another topic here. I found the issue. Thanks :)

I had the same problem on the ps3...needed to buy the HDMi cable b4 it would play in 1080p and with scart cable i just had loads of screen based lag

P4n7h3r said:
I had the same problem on the ps3...needed to buy the HDMi cable b4 it would play in 1080p and with scart cable i just had loads of screen based lag

Got the component cables and all is well now with the Wii.

I got the hdmi cable right away for my ps3 as well.... no problems there. :)

Back