Help me decide

Frodo

Middle Earth Blows
Dec 26, 2006
Hobbiton
Wii Online Code
0416-2130-8046-9133
Alright here is my situation. I've searched this forum numerous times, I've searched google, I've read many other forums and still have not found a solution to the guitar hero 3 wii lag issue. I played my friends on his HDTV and it lagged badly...so bad I didn't want to play. I have read this only happens on HDTV's but then elsewhere I read it happens because of controller issues.

I have a LCD HDTV with my wii and ps2 hooked up through component cables. I have heard that in options you can calibrate the lag for the wii...but some people say it works and some don't. Does anyone have any definitive answers about the lag issue.

I guess my question is should I buy the wii game (which I'd prefer for online) or should I just buy ps2 and try to avoid the lag issue.

Thanks to anyone who answers!

Put your tv on "Game" mode.
It reduces the filter so it has a better responce time.
Get the Wii version.

<<<<< Wii Version.

(When the Stereo patch comes out that is...)

..or buy a new tv. It's not necessarily an HDTV problem, but and LCD problem. LCD's are notorious for poor refresh rates, thus the new 120 hz models on the market. Plasmas have always had better refresh rates and LCD's are trying to catch up.

There is a calibrater setup in the GH# Options that will stop or decrese lag for HD-tv's i would try that to see,all i know is that i dont have any problems with it so i don't think you will either,try it at your friends house,if it does not work then its probaly somthing unlucky hapening for youre friend,its youre descision to take a slight chance of it not working.

Are you serious?
GH3 lags on wii?
Not for me, it's perfect and I play it on my room tv( pretty creppy.

Either get a new t.v. which you probably won't because your t.v. sounds good and you probably don't want to waste more money, try calaberate lag, change your t.v. to the game setting, or just get a new gh3 disc. Return your old one.

...does the ps2 version even SUPPORT online play? anyway, the wii version hasn't given me any lag trouble at all, and from what i've heard, if u have an hdtv, you can easily calibrate any lag you might encounter with a built-in feature.

Back