Faulty Nunchuk

Arnaud

JP Wii owner
Jan 24, 2007
Seoul, Korea
Wii Online Code
8180-9496-6675-4312
When I push the nunchuck’s thumbstick towards front, the character will often go slightly towards the left (+/- 25 degree angle to the left). So when I want to run forward, I have to actually push the thumstock slightly towards the right side to compensate for that. It’s no big deal but on games like Zelda or Godfather where you run straight for long periods, it gets quite annoying.

Does anybody else have the same issue ?
Is there any way to fix that ?

Couldn’t find any thread about that, but if you know of when, let me know !

Maybe you have RSI (Repetitive Strain Injury) on the thumb, happened to me, cause my thumber to change angles for comfort reasons.. i wasn't aware of it.

Arnaud said:
When I push the nunchuck’s thumbstick towards front, the character will often go slightly towards the left (+/- 25 degree angle to the left). So when I want to run forward, I have to actually push the thumstock slightly towards the right side to compensate for that. It’s no big deal but on games like Zelda or Godfather where you run straight for long periods, it gets quite annoying.

Does anybody else have the same issue ?
Is there any way to fix that ?

Couldn’t find any thread about that, but if you know of when, let me know !

You didnt move the thumbstick from its resting position when you pluged it into the wii remote did you? Because that will make what you described happen

Maybe the nunchuck is not always on its resting position when I plug it in, I never really paid attention that, but I will do that from now, thanks for the tip.

I don’t think it’s RSI because when that happens I visually check that my thumb is pushing forward and it is, so the reason must be different…

Arnaud said:
Maybe the nunchuck is not always on its resting position when I plug it in, I never really paid attention that, but I will do that from now, thanks for the tip.

I don’t think it’s RSI because when that happens I visually check that my thumb is pushing forward and it is, so the reason must be different…

Yeah make sure it is in the neutral position because when you plug it in, the position it is in is what is set as the "neutral" position. If you unplug it, make sure the thumbstick is not being moved, and plug it back in then you should be good to go. If not the chuck is probally faulty and you will need to get on to ninty

Back