Faulty Wii No sound at all!

Justintimeforawii

WiiChat Member
Jan 7, 2007
Hello everybody

My Wii has gone faulty and its only 3 days old! :mad5: #

It has no sound coming out of the A/V cable, the remote gives sound and thats it, yes I have turned the volume up on my TV and its connected right before you ask!

I was bowling and got a strike and there was a loud crackle and the sound went off.

Tried powering off (unplug it) and back on again but no joy, I hope this is not a common fault and that they last longer than 3 days.

Checked TV using PS2 and confirmed that TV works fine ;)

Just as well it comes with 2 years warranty, time to take back to shop and either get another warranty replacement / refund if they have none in stock.

has anyone ells had this yet of this?

Maybe mine in the first faulty one?

Justintimeforawii

Maybe its the 'tulip'-cable, i think its called coax in english?
Anyway you might want to try another cable or reconnecting everything.

gl with it, hope its not a big problem

It's not the cables, I have not moved it off my glass shelf since getting it set up. any one know a way to factory default one, maybe worth a try.

Ah, that's unfortunate for you Justintimeforawii. :(

I've had problems with sound/video with the cables, but it's the tvs' sockets that aren't very stable so I just have to move/fiddle the cables before the video/audio is back.

to be honest, i dont think its even possible for the wii to not have sound. i could be wrong, i'm it almost has to be the cable. you say its not the cable just because it hasn't been moved, but that means nothing. the cable could've just gone bad. try a new cable.

I am having the same problem with my Wii as well, and its only about 3 days old. I really doubt its a problem with the cables as you guys have mentioned. I have sound coming from the remote, but thats it. The sound is all the way up on the TV, and I have tried different media devices (DVD player) on the ports, and I get sound. Because I am not the only one having this issue, its very hard to believe that the only thing wrong is the cable.

When I first plugged it in, I was getting sound, and then for some reason when I turned it on last night, I was getting no sound. Hope some out there is able to get this problem solved.

lets see
sound coming from the remote
sound is all the way up on the TV,
have tried different media devices
Tried powering off (unplug it) and back on again but no joy
there was a loud crackle and the sound went off
Checked TV using PS2
the tv works.
the ps2 works (assuming using same ports?)
the audio in the wiimote works.

so, the sound for the wiimote would come from the same sound processor as the sound for the TV. therefore, its not that. The tvs plugs work, the tvs speakers work,
there was a loud crakcle (indicating burning out?)
have you inspected the cables for any sign of burning, melting, smell?
if something in the wii went, i would be astonished that it would ONLY kill the stereo sound.
only thing that seems logical is a bad wire.
take it back, ask to try it with a different cable.

just b/c you dont think its a cable, doesnt mean it isnt.

I've had problems with the cables before, one of the knobs connecting to the TV slipped out so I couldn't use it anymore obviously. Nintendo send me a new one for a nice 5.99 I think.

lets see
sound coming from the remote
sound is all the way up on the TV,
have tried different media devices
Tried powering off (unplug it) and back on again but no joy
there was a loud crackle and the sound went off
Checked TV using PS2
the tv works.
the ps2 works (assuming using same ports?)
the audio in the wiimote works.

so, the sound for the wiimote would come from the same sound processor as the sound for the TV. therefore, its not that. The tvs plugs work, the tvs speakers work,
there was a loud crakcle (indicating burning out?)
have you inspected the cables for any sign of burning, melting, smell?
if something in the wii went, i would be astonished that it would ONLY kill the stereo sound.
only thing that seems logical is a bad wire.
take it back, ask to try it with a different cable.

just b/c you dont think its a cable, doesnt mean it isnt.
I had exactly the same problem but without any cackling sound. The sound worked fine one day and we turned on the next and no sound at all except from the remotes. I thought maybe my daughter accidentally turned the sound off in the settings somewhere but I couldn't find anyway to do that. Nothing muted on the TV so after reading this has happened to a couple other people makes me think it's in the wii system itself. Sound works fine everywhere else. Cables are fine, system is new, no one has pulled on the cables and they haven't been moved.

my Wii :wiiconsole: has recently lost all sound:mad3:! i have tried changing TV i have wriggled the cables and tried the volume. but it still is silent :mad5: I'm going to the game shop tomorrow to see whats going on.:mad2:
Ill reply if i have any luck!

Last edited by a moderator:
I have the same issue with my wii. It is NOT the cable, I tried the cable off another wii that worked perfectly fine and I still had no sound on mine. I have also tried different ports and they all work. I still have no answer whats wrong but I can say for sure its NOT the cable.

Could be the bum units they put out from shangai's drugland...

LOL!!!!!!!!

Back