Final Fantasy X11 is excellent!

sirgrim

Casually Hardcore
Sep 18, 2007
Thought I would share that Square did a great job on FFX11: Revenant Wings for the DS. I picked up this game the other day and have already ran my battery out once playing it. Very addicting.

I didn't even know this game came out, so it was a very pleasant Christmas surprise. At about 14% complete I still have a ton left. So far the graphics are beautiful with vibrant cut scenes and a funny story line. You can take over and control monster gates and summon waves of monsters for your own command. There are 3 different types of attacks, so you need strategy to stage the right fights to win the missions.

Upgradable weapons, armor and all you would expect from a Square RPG. I recommend it to anyone that loves the Final Fantasy series. It takes it's own twists and turns, but on it's own it is very fun. It's possible to use either the buttons or the touch screen, and so far seems completely playable without using any buttons at all.

Even without WiFi and at a $40 starting price, I still say it's plenty worth it. 4.5 out of 5 stars! Final Fantasy fans don't let this one slip by.

ive never played a final fantasy game (i know i know crazy rite) but i love rpgs (xenogears best ever FTW). should i go ahead and jump into the franchise with this game?

This is is kind of a continuation of XII, so it might not be the best place to start. Couldn't go wrong, but for starting you should get the IV V or VI on GBA, or the III DS. All good choices, the GBA ones will give you a feel of how final fantasies started out, but are pretty difficult to find copies of.

^^^ good to know.

does the story continue from 1 to 13? or do they all have there own branch

Oh man I love this game, and I'm not a huge FF fan, I just love the gameplay and game itself, and I'm only 30% through it, its really awesome :cool:

Back