First Character

I have a feeling that there will be A LOT of Pits online. And I'll probably be one of them. :yesnod:

Umm meta night and olimar probably. I really want to know how olimar plays, and if i like it, hel prob be my main :D. And Meta Night cause hes just a bad ass.

I am a big fan of Pikachu so I look forward to maining him yet again. Most likely will be my first.
Also because there aren't many Pikachu users out there. It just feels nicer to play as him.Nicer than using a over used character.
Yet I am thinking about Pit also.
I hope he isn't overused.=P

Last edited:
well since i can't play sonic first i will be my main melee and that would be samus

Pantalaimn said:
For a player who has never played any smash game ever. What would be the best character to start with for single player game and online?? This is assuming I can get the rental soon to try it out.

Begin with the balanced ones, like Mario and Pikachu.
Then you can try the likes of Pit, Link, Samus, Lucas and Kirby.
After that you can start trying heavy characters (DK, Dedede, Bowser, Wario, Ike) and fast characters (Fox, Diddy, Meta Knight) to see what style you prefer.
Then if you want to try more go for the ones that play different, like Pkm. Trainer, Ice Climbers, Yoshi, and Olimar.

Later on secrets emerge and you can try those.

Hm... Ike or Samus. Gives me a mix of direct/indirect combat.

anax4aero said:
Begin with the balanced ones, like Mario and Pikachu.
Then you can try the likes of Pit, Link, Samus, Lucas and Kirby.
After that you can start trying heavy characters (DK, Dedede, Bowser, Wario, Ike) and fast characters (Fox, Diddy, Meta Knight) to see what style you prefer.
Then if you want to try more go for the ones that play different, like Pkm. Trainer, Ice Climbers, Yoshi, and Olimar.

Later on secrets emerge and you can try those.

Thanks! I wish I knew someone who was getting this so I could play and be taught by them. Or would I be better going through the tutorials and single player and learn at my own pace.?

Fox was my main in Melee aswell. But I haven't tried all the secret characters yet. The first new guy I tried was Pit. Not my favorite but he's not bad.

Back