First impression of Wii Sports Resort...

cRaSh115

WiiChat Member
Jan 10, 2008
West Virginia
Wii Online Code
5381-6822-1655-4361
I really like it! A lot like Wii Sports in the graphics, sound and overall feel. The graphics are better, and more fun the the original. You'll hear the same voices, you'll get points to get to Pro level, and your other Mii's will show up in the background.

I was disappointed at first to see bowling and golf, why repeat it? Once you play it with the new motion control, you'll see why. I'll never play Wii Sport golf again. It's so much more responsive, especially in putting. Same with bowling, making it a MUCH more challenging game!! I think people will love the updated versions.

I've also played a lot with the sword play games, frisbee, table tennis, and wakeboard. I played for over an hour, and only played half the games. So far, it's a lot of fun, and I think it has some good replay value. Not something you'll get tired of in a month.

My only complaint so far is basketball.. a game that I'm terrible at in real life. That tells you just how accurate this new motion control is. lol With some practice it will be a lot of fun too.

Not a whole lot more then you've probably read online, but if there are any questions I can answer, just ask. Thought I would give an unbiased review.

ACK!!! was gonna ask for it for my birthday(Wednesday!!)
but i need cash cause im saving up for another 360!!
shoot.
I wanna do basketball with my terminator mii.

Wii Resorts Sports

I find basketball almost impossible. But I,m no good at the real game either.
All hints welcome.

t he fencing is awesome same with table tennis and archery. but the golf i hate, found Tiger wood PGA 10 alot better more accurate and basketball is so-so and thank god big N kept Bowling loved it on Wii sports 1. water ones, bike racing, air sports is not that good to me, but air sports remind me of Pilot wings. and the wave racing one reminds me of the game Wave race. al in al its okay totally love the fencing games. i rate wii sports resort a 6.0 or 7.3. what a shame they left out Boxing and didn't wanna improve on it. preordered it, picked my copy today, next i'll get G-force. but to tell the truth i dislike the bowling, golf, water games. for gold the tiger woods one is alot better and now just need a good bowling one and a very sweet boxing game. any suggestion people?

Last edited:
I find basketball almost impossible. But I,m no good at the real game either.
All hints welcome.
it's all in the wrist, man. i'm pretty good in real-life basketball, and anyone who plays will tell you that your shot is 80% dependent on your wrist action. Good luck :yesnod:

I had a question about archery: How do you aim? Are you looking at the end of the bow? Or is there something within the target?

I've been pretty much just guessing, but on the last part, when it's really far away, I'm missing the target a lot.

I'm really liking the Archery and the swordplay, looks like lightsabers shamno way u ccan change the colors.

theres a secret melon in level 2 of archery [video=youtube;bw_HS9wDBLE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bw_HS9wDBLE&feature=player_embedded"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bw_HS9wDBLE&feature=player_embedded[/video]

I got to play for a couple of hours last night.

Swordfighting - The best event by far. Controls are sweet and it is a lot of fun, whether dueling or doing the speed slice. Probably the best demonstration of what WMP can do.

Wakeboarding - Easy to control but probably hard to master. Doesn't seem to be much depth to it from what I've seen so far.

Frisbee - A good demonstration of WMP. The frisbee dog is cute n all but the frisbee golf mode will probably see more play.

Archery - Controls really well and it feels satisfying when you hit the targets. Another good demonstration of WMP.

Table Tennis - The best table tennis game on Wii? I think so. WMP works well and you can apply slice and spin to your shots with great effect.

Bowling - A classic. On first appearances it doesn't seem much different but the control is much more precise. The complete 100 pin game is available to play too.

Golf - A bigger selection of courses and more precise control than the previous Wii Sports Golf. WMP seemed to go out of sync quite a bit for me though.

Power Cruising - Controlling the jet ski is easy. It's a good event but not really a great use of WMP (it could be done without it) and just makes me want a proper Wave Race game.

Basketball - Pretty basic. The 3 on 3 mode shows potential for a more fleshed out game though and I liked 'bouncing the ball' to dribble.

Canoeing - Not the most exciting event but the motions do work and you can play with 4 players simultaneously.

Cycling - The weakest of the events by far, almost like a Mario & Sonic Olympics event. Even though it is a poor offering compared to the rest it is still better than Wii Fits jogging or the majority of 3rd party sports mini games.

Air Sports - Made up of skydiving, fly over and dogfight. They all control well enough but this is another event that really makes me wish for a proper Pilotwings game.

I can see the swordfighting, table tennis, frisbee golf and bowling getting a lot of play (especially at partys), the other events not so much. WSR is worth it even just for those 4 events though and is a very worthy successor to the original. The only real complaint is that there is no online play again, as some of the events would have been a blast to play online.

what a shame they left out Boxing and didn't wanna improve on it.

now just need a good bowling one and a very sweet boxing game. any suggestion people?
Boxing wouldn't have worked in WSR because of the nunchuck, you would have one accurate WMP hand and one not so accurate. Swordfighting is its spiritual successor.

There are no better bowling games than in WSR. The next best would be the original Wii Sports bowling. I don't think there are any really realistic boxing games that are very good, Punch Out! rates the best but is more arcadey. A boxing game that could use 2 WMPs and the balance board could be awesome though.

Bowling issues

I'm wondering if the new (slightly updated) bowling has the same invisible help as the last one. In the original bowling, let's set the first throw knocked all pins except the right-most one (6 pin I believe, not sure). For the second shot, try and spin the ball to the left, I'm completely unable to do so. At best I can get it to go nearly straight down the lane. I CANNOT get it to veer away from the pin. Is this possible in the new bowling? For all the talk of bowling being the best (and it is fun) knowing this invisible helper it always there guiding the throws is somewhat annoying.

I'm wondering if the new (slightly updated) bowling has the same invisible help as the last one. In the original bowling, let's set the first throw knocked all pins except the right-most one (6 pin I believe, not sure). For the second shot, try and spin the ball to the left, I'm completely unable to do so. At best I can get it to go nearly straight down the lane. I CANNOT get it to veer away from the pin. Is this possible in the new bowling? For all the talk of bowling being the best (and it is fun) knowing this invisible helper it always there guiding the throws is somewhat annoying.

I've never experienced this so-called "invisible help" before in original (or new) Bowling.

It looks good. I should of got this instead of The Conduit and I wanted a second wii motion plus anyways. Got one from Tiger woods then I would get one, which comes with this game. It looks like a lot of fun to play with friends and get the whole family into. Going to defiantly get this once I get enough money.

Back