Forget the Zapper, here is something better (for those who like those kind of things)

Now it just needs to come in:
1 ) shotgun version, with the chuck as the pump action reload
2 ) sniper/WWII rifle verison, with a bolt action single reload
3 ) machine gun version, with slide action cartridge reload

Drop in the mote and the chuck and you are ready to go.

shotgun with pump action reload, amen to that, also will it be avaliable in Australia cos i hope so, it would be useful to have just a pistol version insted of the 'shotgun' version that nintendo is bringing out in May

I'm a long time gamer and a big fan of the gun games. There are two things that I look for in a gun controller. One is accuracy and the other is the additional button/control layout. Remember these console guns?

Nintendo 8-bit - Zapper
Accuracy was ok, but there were no additional controls on the gun itself

Playstation - Namco Light Gun
Great accuracy due to the additional video connection and buttons we're in a good location :thumbsup: , but where was the d-pad?

Dreamcast - Starfire Light Gun
As far as accuracy went, I think i shot better with my feet! :prrr: But you can't deny that the gun was loaded with a grip of other controls other than the trigger. An additional trigger to reload, d-pad, two buttons AND a quick switch for autofire! :yikes:

So will Nintendo take the zapper to a new level? As far as accuracy, I don't think there will be any issues, but regarding the images of the new zapper, so far I've been unimpressed with the designs. Don't get me wrong, I'm still going to buy it. Even if Nintendo come out with a knee-mote where you have to lift your leg like a quarterback in shotgun to reload... on second thought, that might be cool...:idea:

Back