New MOH Heroes 2 review..Good News.. Read!

LevesqueIsKing said:
Could someone PLEASE tell me why there is so much hype surrounding this game? Because theres 32 player online? My friends hardly every play btb in halo, so why does that matter?

I've never liked the MoH series. But now that we arent getting CoD4, should I get this game or Battalion Wars?

Custom control settings, code optimization and online play are the main selling points, that and a dearth of other shooters. EA canada takes the Wii seriously, EA and Activision don't. BWii doesn't really appeal to me at all. It's not quite a shooter, and it's not quite RTS. To me it looks like the worst of both worlds. If it's your thing, it's your thing, but I'm not sure I'd see it as an alternative to MOHH2.

I fell in love with massive lan matches (16x player) in Halo 1. It's incredible fun. I still play it splitscreen over at friend's house from time to time. I played Allegiance online for a year, and would still be playing it if I had a little different setup. Online multiplayer can add a year of gameplay to a good game. Thing is, I don't have a lot of video-game-playing friends, and those I do have don't live in the same city anymore. We've grown up and moved away, and for people like me, 32x player online play is a huge deal.

Thank you for your response. *REPPED*

Are we not getting CoD4 because the wii can't handle it? Is there any chance of us getting a modified version in a few years or of us getting CoD5?

Wiinter said:
Custom control settings, code optimization and online play are the main selling points, that and a dearth of other shooters. EA canada takes the Wii seriously, EA and Activision don't. BWii doesn't really appeal to me at all. It's not quite a shooter, and it's not quite RTS. To me it looks like the worst of both worlds. If it's your thing, it's your thing, but I'm not sure I'd see it as an alternative to MOHH2.

I fell in love with massive lan matches (16x player) in Halo 1. It's incredible fun. I still play it splitscreen over at friend's house from time to time. I played Allegiance online for a year, and would still be playing it if I had a little different setup. Online multiplayer can add a year of gameplay to a good game. Thing is, I don't have a lot of video-game-playing friends, and those I do have don't live in the same city anymore. We've grown up and moved away, and for people like me, 32x player online play is a huge deal.
you have 32 friends that all own a wii and would be playing on their wii at the same time?! io.o!

lol no dont expect COD 4

Medal of honor is very much the same as COD these days. Massive multi-player ( for a console anyways ) 6 multi-player maps, voting and perfect aiming system! Thats fully customizable.

Battalion wars is really a different game and you shouldnt compare the 2. Im looking forward to both! I cant wait for medal of honor for its huge multi-player and intuitive controls, and I cant wait for battalion wars 2 for its online and new units. Plus I have played advance wars so I want to try this game

Onlines cool, but when I invite friends over, we'll be playing Wii Sports, Wii PLay and Exite truck. Joy. So that's why I hate them, for not having offline multiplayer. But whatever, I have a few friends who have Wii's so I can battle them online, and no headgear, so I'll just have to have my phone open for the whole time...

^Any reason why you can't all play online when they come over?

LevesqueIsKing said:
Thank you for your response. *REPPED*

Are we not getting CoD4 because the wii can't handle it? Is there any chance of us getting a modified version in a few years or of us getting CoD5?

Not all PCs can handle all pc games at full settings, so I run Oblivion below spec. To me it still looks great. Could the Wii make COD4 look as good as the PS3? No. Neither can the 360. If you run optimized code on both systems, you can achieve a more complicated texture system (4D for instance) on the PS3 than on the 360, but you can still play COD4 on the 360.

A beautiful COD4, not as pretty as the PS360/PC version, but beautiful nonetheless could have been made on the Wii, but Activision a) doesn't respect the system b) thinks (helped in part by the ludicrous utterings of NOA marketer George Harrison) that Wii owners aren't hardcore and won't buy it. There is no technical reason at all COD4 couldn't be developed for Wii.

Sovieto said:
you have 32 friends that all own a wii and would be playing on their wii at the same time?! io.o!

How coherent. Or not. MOHH2 comes without friend codes. Lobbies will be set up on EA nation. I'll be playing with 31 (or less--16 player is still tons of fun) strangers (and what's that 32nd guy supposed to be doing anyway? is he like, live-blogging the game or something?) most of the time, and probably not the same 31 (or less). Most of the people I played Halo 1 via lan were strangers too. I showed with 2 or 3 friends, we hooked up systems in different rooms, and got a good rivalry going.
JT said:
so I'll just have to have my phone open for the whole time...

Use voip. Skype, teamspeak, gamestreet talk.

Any reason why you can't all play online when they come over?

There is no splitscreen mode at all for the moment. That means there's only one first person view availible per system. If everyone brought their Wii over, and there's a wireless router and 4+ TVs, then yes, they could all play online.

If they release a private server program like they did for Heroes 1, you could probably make it work lan style without even having a net connection. But one person per system is... rough.

Last edited:
Wiinter said:
Not all PCs can handle all pc games at full settings, so I run Oblivion below spec. To me it still looks great. Could the Wii make COD4 look as good as the PS3? No. Neither can the 360. If you run optimized code on both systems, you can achieve a more complicated texture system (4D for instance) on the PS3 than on the 360, but you can still play COD4 on the 360.

A beautiful COD4, not as pretty as the PS360/PC version, but beautiful nonetheless could have been made on the Wii, but Activision a) doesn't respect the system b) thinks (helped in part by the ludicrous utterings of NOA marketer George Harrison) that Wii owners aren't hardcore and won't buy it. There is no technical reason at all COD4 couldn't be developed for Wii

Use voip. Skype, teamspeak, gamestreet talk.

There is no splitscreen mode at all for the moment. That means there's only one first person view availible per system. If everyone brought their Wii over, and there's a wireless router and 4+ TVs, then yes, they could all play online.

If they release a private server program like they did for Heroes 1, you could probably make it work lan style without even having a net connection. But one person per system is... rough.
So why was COD3 on Wii if they dont like us so much? Did it not sell well and thats why they arent putting COD4 on it?
Who? What?
Wow, that sucks. Are they nearly done with the game or is there a chance of them adding it?

LevesqueIsKing said:
So why was COD3 on Wii if they dont like us so much? Did it not sell well and thats why they arent putting COD4 on it?
Who? What?
Wow, that sucks. Are they nearly done with the game or is there a chance of them adding it?

I don't think there have been many heavy 3rd party sellers on the Wii, sans Red Steel. However COD3 got delivered without any multiplayer mode of any kind--in a franchise whose multiplayer is a huge part of the game. So when you deliver half a game, you have to expect bad sales, and you don't get to blame it all on the Wii's processor or on Wii owners. This was also early in system's life when no one else thought to make the controls customizable--MOHH2 will let you tailor it to your style of play. COD3 was too tight for some gamers.

A lot of George Harrison's public crap about Wii owners being unsophisticated jenga players also came after COD3. One can only imagine what BS he's been shoveling in private. That tactic, whether purposeful or not, has placed Metroid Prime in a nearly competition free zone--and probably every hardcore player will be buying it right off instead of trying to decide between prime and something else, or weighing the online features of a shooter against the completely single player FPA experience of Metroid.

Voip is voice over internet protocol. Teamspeak is a free program that uses voip to let you communicate while playing pc games--I used it when I played allegiance. Skype was designed for internet telephony, and I haven't used it for this purpose, but I image it would a) work and b) not have the hassle of server setup. gamestreet talk is a teamspeak replacement that I don't know much about, and I think server setup was supposed to have been simplified in some way. I imagine there are a number of other solutions, which when combined with a PC bluetooth headset would just fine, so long as you have a pc or laptop within range (range varies with the bluetooth receiver-- some can work more than 100 feet away), it could simulate the experience of having a wii BT headset. I even heard some wii360 users theorize about using xbox live for comm while playing--I have no idea how that would work--does the 360 have some sort of game independent voip program on it?

They have confirmed officially that there will be no splitscreen mode, but the game won't launch until an unknown date in November, meaning we could still be 3 months away. Delays could happen, and minds could be changed, but officially it's not going to happen.

I can't thank you enough. Speedy reply and just what I was looking for. I would rep you if I could.

Not exactly the answers I was hoping for :sick:, but they are the answers I needed. Thanks again.

LevesqueIsKing said:
Not exactly the answers I was hoping for :sick:, but they are the answers I needed. Thanks again.

I know the feeling. :sick: And you're very welcome.

I'm actually in the process of writing a Wii voicechat guide. If you go BWii, it might still be useful for you.

tunaonrice said:
Voicechat guide?

How does that work?

Early version is posted

As questions are asked, I'll update it. My hope is that the more people get set up now, the better the online multiplayer experience will be when it finally gets here.

I've already reserved this game, and best believe I will be getting it the day it comes out, Metroid is great in all, but I need an online shooter. This game will have 32 player online play and no friendcodes, so on November 6th, I'll be ready to jump online.

Back