FPS's

There is only 1 online game for the Wii as of now which is Mario Strikers: Charged. Later this year, Metroid Prime 3: Corruption will be released and it's a FPS. I don't know about online though, there has been no talk about it.

MaxPing said:
Does anyone know if there are plans for a on-line FPS for the Wii?

I'm in the U.K so as usual we will be the last to know.
We're not the last to know dude, we're the last to get :p

Um..I don't think there is..although I heard theres a Red Steel 2 coming, and I'd say that would probably have online.

MP3 seems to be the obvious game... but as to the online, nothing is confirmed...

Maybe we will have some Call of Dutys Online, or something...

Sigh...I REALLY wish I could respond with:

MP3C FTW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111111

but sadly, I cant.

Yer we're not sure with MP3 yet. Will have to wait and see.

Otherwise, yes this is desperately needed! Although the first step is still perfecting the FPS controls. No title has managed yet but it's a safe bet Metroid will. Once that's done the door really is open for the Wii to become the best console for FPS's.

A case of keep the fingers crossed , as you say the Wii really does need some on-line games ,hope its sooner rather than later.

ho hum....you brits need to stop complaining! :lol: Don't you realize that the ONLY online game for the wii as of now went to england FIRST and that us over here in the US have to spend weeks and weeks being tortured by reading how freakin SWEEET it is???

oh and is it any consolation for us here that we get Pokemon online here in a week? I'm like 5% happier now whoopeeee

^A safe bet? @MaxPing

Hardly

Dont you think Ninty would have mentioned something already? They arent giving us info about SSBB because everyone (no matter what system they own) knows the series, and if they want to buy it, they'll be buying it. Metroid on the other hand, is not well known. In fact, I would be willing to bet that 80% of the MP3 buyers, will have played metroid prime 1 and 2. Having said this, Ninty needs to do everything in their power to promote this game, and to get the series as well known as other Nintendo games.

yeh i know... there isnt any full on FPS's planned for the wii yet.. metroid is more puzlle and adventure'ish so i dont think it counts.. ime talking games like HALO and so on

*considering fps as shooters

MP3:C will be coming in August and should have the best controlls and graphics for any shooter for a long time but it won't have any online unfortunately.

Battalion Wars 2 will be more cartoony but it's still awsome and it will have various online modes including co-ops (online shooter to look out for)

There are rumours of Red Steel 2 coming and having online ye, I don't belive it but it wouldn't be that shocking. Probobly be rushed like the first one.

Couple other good shooters, think there's a Brother in Arms game which could be online just like any other future war shooters (like COD, MoH, maybe even Battlefield)

*Sighs"

Firstly get with the times Ghost Squad sucks the graphics and general gameplay are dated it's a on rails shooter which is hardly going to be a challenge. Plus it's a old port of a old game which sucked so why even bother releasing it?

I see the PS3 recently got Time Crisis 4 now personally I woulda thought this would of been better suited on the Wii.

Why can't Nintendo Depart with some cash and get a decent developer do create a original FPS for the Wii??

I'm talking something that will have online functionality and will be able to compete with the big boys such as Gears of War and Halo

Ok so on a graphical scale we are in a position where compared to the competion we are underpowered but hey that doesn't mean with a bit of creativity and innovation we can create a decent a FPS.

I mean we have the wii remote for god sake if developers can stop being lazy and take the time to implement some decent control responsiveness then they would be onto a winner. Graphics to me don't matter at all it's playability

I think to get the most out of a FPS they should implement a gun shell for the controller as it'll would feel more natural playing.

Also implement certain gestures such as jerk the gun controller forward would activate gun butt and swing the controller low would activate a grenade throw.

Red steel and Call of Duty 3 did this but the actual general controls seemed rushed and flaky.

Nintendo potentially could be onto a winner they could either develop it themselves and do it properly or use some of the cash they are getting from incredible console sales both from the Wii and DS and invest in some new Adult themed FPS games.

A change in Nintendo is needed I'm sick to death of kiddies games lol now that they have the momentum and strong sales whynot keep it going and really show what the wii is capable besides we all want online games ASAP!!!!!!!

Ahwell there is always Metroid 3 to look forward to but hell do we need more titles on this console :) please Nintendo your console is highly innovative but due to lack of titles boy it sure is boring!

Last edited:
Back