Fried TV, My fault?

Status
Not open for further replies.
err Brawny... you realise rear-projection isnt CRT as such? There are 3 massive bulbs (R,G,B) that each project a part of the image's colour. Problem is these lamps die or the colours of em melt pretty much and they need replacing, expensive replacing. Oh and for the whole thing to work they need a lot of 'lube' im assuming to keep it cool and running, which also eventually has to be replaced or things start to break... like ours did.
(I believe newer ones use LCDs somehow... not sure exactly how though).

Oh and my parents had a normal CRT TV... lasted 26years, but eventually died... so yes NORMAL CRTs last forever you are right.

Mine's still old school tubes. (y)

They use LCD's in reverse of a front projection. Just a lamp shining through an LCD.

same problem!

I was using the WII before going to work, turned off the tv and left the WII on. When I returned home, the tv was fried! The tv, cable and WII are all plugged into a power strip and the cable and WII are OK. By the way, the tv was struck by lightning about seven years ago and repaired and never had a problem with it until this incident.

could leaving the WII on all day while plugged into the TV have caused the tv to fry? The tv was not on.

No.
Why would you leave it on all day anyway?
Its just a waste of power
Also. Dont bump up threads that are over a year old

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back