Help...Wii/new TV..slight delay

forestter

WiiChat Member
Jun 4, 2009
Hello, I just recently went from a regular TV to an HD TV and this seems to have affected my video games and here is what I mean. When I play a game on my wii, it seems like it is harder to control than it was on the other TV. For example, when I play Super Mario Bros. 3 from the virtual console on the Wii, there is a very slight mili-second delay when I press an action button such as the jump button. This does not sound like a major deal but it throws everything off. Now I am dying left and right in a game I have beaten several times without dying even once. This REALLY causes a problem when I play Paper Mario Thousand Year Door(a gamecube game that I play on the Wii) because this mili-second delay prevents me from being able to do timed hits. I was always able to do timed hits at will but since the timing is slightly off, it's become impossible.

Is there a reason that there is a slight delay between me pressing a button and it actually doing the command now that I have this new TV? The only thing I can figure is the action is happening before it is appearing on the TV....but why? I know this sounds like a strange problem.

Only thing I'd say to do is look in your options on your new television and look if there is a 'game mode'. If so, turn it on and it should eliminate the lag.

Good luck.

Same Problem, Different Solution

Hi Pals!

I had the same problem, a control delay when playing Mario Bros 1, Mario Bros 2 and Mario Bros 3 on Wii Virtual Console
It starts when i changed my LCD Flat Screen to a new one Full HD LCD Flat.

First i tryied turning On "Game Mode" option (Video Settings of LCD) but it doesn't solve my problem.

Second (and succesfuly) option, was throw away my component cable:
(http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-5-RCA-C...t=Video_Games_Accessories&hash=item4cf1c7d2a6)

and go back to my original AV cable
(http://www.revogamers.net/Imag/imagenWii/p_avcable.jpg)

.. and tadaaaa! it works, now delay has gone and i play normally, (sadly, with less vibrant colors from downgrading Component to AV)

Hope it works for all those of you with this headache.

Back