gamecube controller or classic controller?

UsagiWii

WiiChat Member
Dec 29, 2009
i need to buy a controller for my wii. I mostly need to to play a couple VC games (DK and super mario world) but i've also heard it's easier to play brawl and mario kart with a GC controller (I own mario kart and plan on getting brawl) so I don;t know what to get and I want to know other peoples opinions.

i have super mario world VC & its sux with a gc controller jumping & running are too awkward classic controll idk dont have 1

Ill go with game cube, but there is some new controll that is coming out. Looks like a PS3 controll but its for the wii.

I have both. I use GC controller for like Gamecube games and such...but Classic Controller works better for VC titles. For example, in Donkey Kong Country, it is very awkward to run while holding a barrel if you are using the GC controller.

GC is unusable with some SNES games...bcs of the the button layout.

I personally use a Club Nintendo super famicon wii controller for snes games (classic work great to) and I use a wavebird gamecube controller for N64 titles.

classic controller. it feels more natural for VC games.

as for MK and Brawl, it works just as well as a GC controller. the main reason everyone says a GC controller is better is because we all remember playing Double Dash and Melee on the GC. the games share GC control schemes with thier sequels, so it just felt easier. but if you never played the GC games, the go with whatever controller you want.

I bought the classic controller :D MKwii is so much easier with it lol

Back