Controllers for Mario Kart 64

BrentNewhall

WiiChat Member
May 4, 2007
Wii Online Code
1678-4857-1511-1727
I want to download and play Mario Kart 64, since I've heard how much fun it is to play with friends. However, I don't want to buy several more Wiimotes and GameCube controllers just to play that one game. The Wii is my first Nintendo purchase ever, so I don't have any spare GameCube hardware or earlier versions of Mario Kart 64.

I've heard about wireless GameCube controllers. Would those work with the Virtual Console version of Mario Kart 64?

Failing that, could I buy the GameCube version of Mario Kart 64 and use the wireless GameCube controllers on my Wii?

Are there any other options, outside of spending $200 on extra Wiimotes and GC controllers?

Thanks in advance.

i feel like it might be a good'ish investment to pick up some used gamecube controllers or classic controllers......especially if games like the new super smash are going to utilize them

I personally think things like this suck and I've always seen nintendo as being one of the worst companies when it comes to having to buy extra accesories to accomodate games

lazyperson555 said:
This should probably be in the nintendo wii virtural console section.

You should be in the nintendo wii virtural console section

:aureola:

I have used both the GC controller and the Classic Controller and like the Classic Controller more because of the feel. It works really good for Mario kart 64

if you get gamecube controllers you don't a wii mote to use it. For the classic controller you need as many wiimotes as classic controllers. Just something to think about. I have a classic and i think it works very well

Edit: if you get a gamecube controller you don't need a wiimote to use it

Last edited:
Okay. Thanks for the explanations.

Back