Gamecube Controller

Obviously

If the Wii is upright open the top compartments

Though my Un-Official Steering Wheel doesn't work (Couldn't find an Official one) For Mario Karts when I had my gamecube

Yes they do. I happen to be using a Mad Katz (sp?) one right now. I'm playing MM on the collectors edition, because I never finished it.

Well, officially the Wii is - Wii-Mote, Classic Controller, Gamecube, and Wavebird compatible. Any other device may or may not work. Some Mad-Cats controllers are incompatible with even some Gamecube titles. Like I've said in other posts. I have Dragon Ball Z for the Wii and it uses any of the above listed controllers. I have tried it, and they work. So if a person doesn't like the Wii-Mote, but wants to play a game that doesn't require it, go ahead. I even have a converter to plug in a Playstation controller to the Gamecube, and that works on the Wii too.

I heard somehwere that you can use them on Super Smash Bros. Brawl when it comes out, but i think that its a lie.......:mad5: :mad5:

Tails McCloud~ said:
I heard somehwere that you can use them on Super Smash Bros. Brawl when it comes out, but i think that its a lie.......:mad5: :mad5:
Yeah, Nintendo's all about the new controller. I think they're leaving the Gamecube compatibility to the 3rd party companies, just in-case they don't like the new controller.

El Jefe said:
Yeah, Nintendo's all about the new controller. I think they're leaving the Gamecube compatibility to the 3rd party companies, just in-case they don't like the new controller.
nintendo said that they wanted to keep the classic feel to SSBB so they are adding GC and Classic controller support. fighting games and the Wii-mote just dont mix IMO. i would never have gotten DBZ:BT2 if it didnt let me use my GC controller because its stupid and hard to use the Wii-mote with it.

Mitch2025 said:
nintendo said that they wanted to keep the classic feel to SSBB so they are adding GC and Classic controller support. fighting games and the Wii-mote just dont mix IMO. i would never have gotten DBZ:BT2 if it didnt let me use my GC controller because its stupid and hard to use the Wii-mote with it.
I actually have a harder time playing it with the Gamecube controllers. Too bad we can't play online, cause I'd school you with the Wii-Mote. I can move around a lot easier, and faster. As with any game using the Wii-Mote, there's a learning curve. Some just give up too easily. Some people fear change.

Last edited:
Icetrash said:
Nope you cannot use the Wiimote on Brawl, it has already been confirmed.
That makes me sad. I was currious to see how Nintendo would pull that off, but I guess they didn't bother trying.

El Jefe said:
I actually have a harder time playing it with the Gamecube controllers. Too bad we can't play online, cause I'd school you with the Wii-Mote. I can move around a lot easier, and faster. As with any game using the Wii-Mote, there's a learning curve. Some just give up too easily. Some people fear change.
now i really wish it was online. i love when people challenge me like that lol. at first i didnt even bother using the Wii-mote but after a while i decided to try and i found it kida stupid. creative but stupid so i stuck to my GC controller. my only gripe was the move list didnt change to GC controlls so for the first few days i was trying to figure out how to use the diffrent attacks and how to transform and stuff but now i can pull off huge combos with ease. i just wish the attacks were more complex with the GC controller because blast 1 is Ki Charge+Ki Attack. Blast 2 is Ki Charge+Ki Attack+up and ultimate is Ki Charge+Ki Attack+down. really easy :(

Mitch2025 said:
now i really wish it was online. i love when people challenge me like that lol. at first i didnt even bother using the Wii-mote but after a while i decided to try and i found it kida stupid. creative but stupid so i stuck to my GC controller. my only gripe was the move list didnt change to GC controlls so for the first few days i was trying to figure out how to use the diffrent attacks and how to transform and stuff but now i can pull off huge combos with ease. i just wish the attacks were more complex with the GC controller because blast 1 is Ki Charge+Ki Attack. Blast 2 is Ki Charge+Ki Attack+up and ultimate is Ki Charge+Ki Attack+down. really easy :(
Yeah I wish they would've included a Gamecube movelist. I couldn't tell my friends what did what until I played a few fights with it. And the moves are actually a lot simpler to perform on the GC controller, but I learned on the Wii-Mote and that's what I got use to at least. Sry for the challenge without bein able to demonstrate. Maybe DBZT3 will have online play. lol

i hope so. the moment i played the first one i was like "they better make this an online game in the future" lol. i used to be a huge DBZ fan but now i cant really stand watching it but the games are so addicting :crazy:

Back