Gamecube Controller

CashMoneyGifford said:
hahah when will people get it through their heads.

YOU CANT USE THE WIIMOTE FOR SSBB!!! IT'S EITHER GOING TO BE THE GC CONTROLLER THE CLASSIC CONTROLLER OR BOTH!

Can you confirm that with an official statement from Nintendo?

Skippy said:
Can you confirm that with an official statement from Nintendo?

I can't believe you guys actually made me look this up, it's been posted thousands of times:

from http://wii.ign.com/articles/707/707504p1.html -

Under the direction of series creator Masahiro Sakurai, Super Smash Bros. Brawl will feature classic, GameCube-style combat -- not Wii-style motion-controlled combat. That means players who prefer to play the game with the traditional control setup can look forward to using the GameCube control-style they're already accustomed to.

"We found that trying to implement too much motion-sensory functionality can get in the way of the game. We're looking at keeping the control simple, as it has been," said Sakurai. "The Wii hardware has sockets for the GameCube controller, too. So I'll just say now that you may not want to throw away your GCN controller yet."

CashMoneyGifford said:
I can't believe you guys actually made me look this up, it's been posted thousands of times:

Under the direction of series creator Masahiro Sakurai, Super Smash Bros. Brawl will feature classic, GameCube-style combat -- not Wii-style motion-controlled combat. That means players who prefer to play the game with the traditional control setup can look forward to using the GameCube control-style they're already accustomed to.

"We found that trying to implement too much motion-sensory functionality can get in the way of the game. We're looking at keeping the control simple, as it has been," said Sakurai. "The Wii hardware has sockets for the GameCube controller, too. So I'll just say now that you may not want to throw away your GCN controller yet."

That's not entirely definitive, lots of speculation and from very early on in th development process.

Remember, Nintendo initially said that you wouldn't be swinging the Wii remote to swing Link's sword in Twilight Princess but they changed their mind on that.

Skippy said:
That's not entirely definitive, lots of speculation and from very early on in th development process.

Remember, Nintendo initially said that you wouldn't be swinging the Wii remote to swing Link's sword in Twilight Princess but they changed their mind on that.

:mad2: :mad2: :mad2: :mad2: :mad2: :mad2:

nintendo oringally said twilight princess wasn't a wii game it was gc only game, totally different situation.

that's from Masahiro Sakurai, the creative controler and creator of all the SSB games.

SSBB WILL NOT USE THE WIIMOTE, WHY DO YOU PEOPLE INSIST IT WILL?!

see just like i was saying...
the wiimote... enough buttons or not... using its motion sensing capabilities would just hinder the traditional SSB play that everyone had come to love so much.

Really tho... what good would having motion control be in a game that you only move left to right? yea maybe a whip of the wrist to bolster yourself back to the platform but really seems like more work than would be useful.

Last edited:
LyricistSoldier said:
see just like i was saying...
the wiimote... enough buttons or not... using its motion sensing capabilities would just hinder the traditional SSB play that everyone had come to love so much.

Really tho... what good would having motion control be in a game that you only move left to right? yea maybe a whip of the rist to bloster yourself back to the platform but really seems like more work than would be useful.
This guy's smart. Really
No sarcasm

CashMoneyGifford said:

ah so you can still use the wii-mote & nunchuck to play.. the game just doesnt make use of the motion sensor.

NO, it doesn't use the Wii controler,
JUST THE GAMECUBE/CLASSIC!
The wiimote will not be used at all.
Sorry to burst your happy bubble. (lol, my friend just said that and I had to put it!)

Actually come to think of it.. getting off topic but.. will many of the re-worked next gen games get use of the wiimote? Take this new mario galaxy thing thats coming... will that make any good use of the motion abilities?

LyricistSoldier said:
Actually come to think of it.. getting off topic but.. will many of the re-worked next gen games get use of the wiimote? Take this new mario galaxy thing thats coming... will that make any good use of the motion abilities?
Yup. You use the analog stick to move mario, and with the remote, you get this little star icon on the screen that does some general control stuff...it looks pretty cool and that guy from ign said it worked well at e3.

http://media.wii.ign.com/media/748/748588/vids_1.html

Check out the "E3 Demo Walkthrough" video, it shows how the controlls work. It looks fairly awesome.

Man i have this ASCII gamecube controller/keyboard (got with phantasy star online game) and i tried to use it on the wii so i could just use the keyboard but it didnt work but the controller part works for playing games. Hey if anyone is interested in buy the ASCII gc controller let me know.

Back