Gamecube games slowdown?

NecroDemonNZXT

WiiChat Member
Dec 3, 2006
Im not sure about how the GC emulation works, but after many many hours of Lost Kingdoms played by my Wii, there was an FPS slowdown in some point. It randomly happens with many monsters on screen, for 1-2 seconds, but I can't remember if that was the case when I played the game on my GC too... Spiderman 2 did it too. Its really random, my wii hasnt connected to the internet, isnt heating up(GC games not even giving a hint of torture on the machine...) and ofc all Wii games work perfectly.

Just wanted to know if any of u have noticed anything like that in a GC game

yes, I noticed this on Wind Waker. there were some rare slowdowns.

that's normal.
after long play times, and a high pixel rate on the screens most game slow down.
I wouldn't worry about it much.

blueradio said:
that's normal.
after long play times, and a high pixel rate on the screens most game slow down.
I wouldn't worry about it much.

I know of framerate issues and the rare slowdowns arent caused by machine limits and pixel rates flood, but since the wind waker has such slowdowns(havent tried yet), im sure its the GC emulation. Even the PS3 had probs emulating PS2 games

The game cube software is very small, most if its in the wii. In fast the gamecube could have bin as big as the wii or smaller. I don't think that it affects gamcube games. All of mine work perfecly.

NecroDemonNZXT said:
I know of framerate issues and the rare slowdowns arent caused by machine limits and pixel rates flood, but since the wind waker has such slowdowns(havent tried yet), im sure its the GC emulation. Even the PS3 had probs emulating PS2 games

I played through most of windwaker on my wii, nothing happend.

yeah im not sure when the slowdowns occur, i had one in lost kingdoms in an exact spot, but havent gotten any there since then

just needed to mention the slowdown issue for the community

Back