Gamecube Wavebird controlers..Anything better?

zekmoe

WiiChat Member
Nov 21, 2006
I need to buy some new Wavebird controlers for my GC, and hopefully for my upcoming Wii. My friends and I are Soul Caliber nuts, so when the Wii gets here, I intend on using the GC controlers for that game. They'll work with the wii, right? And are there better ones? THese have worked great for many years but are worn out.
Thanks

Last edited:
The Wavebird will work with the Wii (just as any other gamecube controller) for Gamecube games and some Virtual council games.

IIRC the Wavebird does not have rumble. This is a downside to most and would rather get an aftermarket wireless GC controller with rumble.

-Bobby

the wavebird will work with the Wii. the best part about it is they are fully supported by the Wii so you dont even need to plug in the recievers. they are built into the Wii itself!

Mitch2025 said:
the wavebird will work with the Wii. the best part about it is they are fully supported by the Wii so you dont even need to plug in the recievers. they are built into the Wii itself!

O Rry? Source please?

Thanks,

-Bobby

Thanks Mitch,

* WaveBirds are used as Nintendo GameCube controllers, so they need to use the receivers.
* The WaveBird receiver does indeed fit into the top of Wii.
...in spite of Wii's multi-faceted wireless internet and networking capabilities, WaveBirds will still need their old receivers to work.

-Bobby

bobby1211 said:
Thanks Mitch,

-Bobby
wtf. where did i hear about the internal support for them then? i guess i ust miss read it lol

EDIT: damn this is annoying. i reset my router, reboot my PC, unplug all plugs, and STILL i cant view most websites. now im limited to my email, Xbox-Scene.com and Wiichat.com

ARG!

Mitch2025 said:
wtf. where did i hear about the internal support for them then? i guess i ust miss read it lol

EDIT: damn this is annoying. i reset my router, reboot my PC, unplug all plugs, and STILL i cant view most websites. now im limited to my email, Xbox-Scene.com and Wiichat.com

ARG!

change your DNS manually.

ok. well im very computer savy but not when it comes to network configurating. in my router, it only gives me the option to change my DNS name (its set to myhome.westell.com) but not the DNS address. do i change it in my router or in my computers IP settings?

EDIT: nevermind. i got it. thanks. as soon as i hit apply in my IP settings, AIM logged on and all the websites loaded up lol

Changing it in your computer will work. But wont help other computers on your network. Its a good first step in troubleshooting though. If you are familiar with setting the DNS on your computer, do that first. Then you can use the internet (assuming it works) to find out how to input them into your router.

-Bobby

ok when i do that, it says "this value is read only when DHCP Client is Enabled" so i guess i cant change it in my router :(

EDIT: nvm. i found out how to turn DHCP off and i kept everything the same except my DNS and now its working just fine. thanks for the help!

also sorry for the thread hijack lol

Back