Gamecube ports revealed

The thing is if it falls i wont brake (its not a ps1/2/3) nintendos consloes are hard to brake (by accedent) the N64 is damn near indesrucatble (shame about the pads)

Yeah when i got my Nes (second hand from a trash and tresure market)it had sand and water in it but after a clean with a toothbrush and some time over the heater and now it works perfectly, for most games

Stand Tests

I agree, it's very hard to render a Nintendo console useless. I have tested each sytem except for GC(only have one of those) and each console is really hard to break. The NES will probably support 175 lbs. on top of it. I know it'll hold me up. I even took an NES apart where it was nothing except the raw components and IT STILL WORKED FINE! I even brought it to a friends house in a Wal-Mart sack. In fact, the ONLY problem I ever had was with the N64 controllers. Speaking of N64, will it be emulated on the Virtual Console, too? Just wasn't sure about it.

Cooldogs said:
That is pretty cool they have 4.
I can still keep my gamecube games.
I have wonder I we can be able to play few GCN games online.
You won't be able to play them online, unless of a massive update. The game would have to support multiplayer, and have an update. Too much work on the devolper's side, instead they could just make a Wii game online that supports the GCN controller. Much easier, and they make money.

Cooldogs said:

Nope. Unless they release new versions, they are going to stay offline forever.

well i have read that the wii is actoully suposed to be down. but on allemost all the pic's of it it stands up because it looks nice ;)
u have to get the thing u se under the wii to make it stand.

nintendowiigaming.piczo said:
well i have read that the wii is actoully suposed to be down. but on allemost all the pic's of it it stands up because it looks nice ;)
u have to get the thing u se under the wii to make it stand.
ya or you could try to balance it inbetween two hard objects.

Cooldogs said:

I think most people are misunderstanding (or maybe I am), you won't be able to play just any GCN game online, but there are two online accessories for the GCN (one broadband, one dialup), you may be able to use games that use these, maybe not. Who knows...

The bad thing for Nintendo is that anybody will buy another GCN because Wii is almost one and the good for 'em is that people will buy it because it can be all the nintendo's either (N64, GCN, SNES etc)...

Last edited:
Just thinking about it the wii will be the first backward compatible system that nintendo has ever made.

Back