Games are too dark

happyloaf

WiiChat Member
Jan 14, 2007
I just bought a new Sony 32in bravia LCD...now all the games esp. zelda look way too dark. Does anyone else have this problem? Even if I change the brightness and sharpness and gamma settings it is still WAY too dark. I have it hooked up through composite (both my components are full right now). Any other advice on how to fix this? Please!! My PS2 is having the same issues. In a few of the lighter areas it seems to look fine but if the sun goes down BAM can't see anything.

games look fine on my tv. I have a 32 inch tv (one of the older big bitches ;)) Every tv is different though, some tvs are just naturally darker than others though I've come to find out. My parents living room tv is very dark and I've brightened theirs up as much as possible.

Brightness is still at 100...still looks way to dark. I don't know how to fix this.......UGH!!! I know how to set it up and raise the gamma but still I have problems and it is too dark.

Are you in a cave ?
Caves are dark
Dark and damp
Like the last place I lived

Have you tryed other games

Yeah most games look ok but if they take place in a "dark" environment it is impossible to see. Even with lamps and torches (if the games have these). It is horrible.

LCD has a long way to go to beat CRT........... I've been unimpressed seeing friends Wii's outputting on LCD's with component cables. Personally I think they look worse than RGB Scart on an old CRT set.

My old CRT is awsome but it is in my bedroom where as the LCD is downstairs....the games with primarily black colors or night time effects look horrible. They're all too dark. I think it might be the LCD's problem with displaying mainly black images.

I don't have a contrast option! I have a contrast enhancer which doesn't work worth a darn either.

I have a picture option which they claim is contrast...doesn't help

Back