Problem with Component + Zelda

Same issue 37 inch LG

HI

I havea 37 inch LG, with the same issue, I have only just got the TV ( 2 months) I tried my m8's 360 on it all though it worked, i though it could ahve been better. I will aslo call LG and see what they can do. Zelda is better using composite but the wii sports look fine. No matter what I do on the TV I cannot see the greyscale in zelda :( I pray its not the TV.

Thanks.

yeah give LG a call, more people who make the problem aware the better. You got the LG 37'' LC2D ??

Oh and LG's number is : 0870 873 5454 assuming you are in the UK.

I have called them today and emailed them pictures, and waiting a response from their 2nd line tech dudes.

I'm afraid I wasn't able to solve the problem, and Nintendo Tech support didn't answer me (maybe cause I wrote them during holidays). I also tried 3rd party cable but it's the same. So I guess it's my tv...

What I could do is tweak the brightness/contrast as best as I could, and save it as custom settings in my TV. I load the custom settings when I play Wii, it's not perfect, too dark and too bright colours are hard to tell appart, but it does look better than composite :).

Last edited:
I have a different problem with Zelda/Wii component cables.

I have a 62" Mitsubishi 1080p TV. I have set the Wii to 16:9 and 480p, using Official Nintendo component cables.

When Zelda is in its anamorphic widescreen mode, (the scenes where you see black bars at the top and bottom) the picture rounds.

It is really hard to explain, and I will try and post some pictures, but the screen is not perfect rectangle, but curves outward towards the corners just slightly.

I will post some pictures tonight.

I am having the same problem with the composite cables on my new Sony 32in bravia LCD with a 1300:1 contrast ratio. The game is way way to dark. Even with the gamma correction all the way up. On the four black boxes The first 2 look the same but the last 2 look different. It sucks! The TV works great with everything in HD like the 360. But the PS2 is having the same issue leading me to believe it might be the TV?! Which sucks. I think the TV is working fine though so maybe it just can't handle older systems with darker color pallets.

Back