Games like MoH, SEG, BiA, MP etc

weedude

WiiChat Member
Jul 18, 2007
Bangkok, Thailand
Guys -
I dont know if its just me that find it annoying and frustrating when most of the games being referred to its not written out in full but given an abbreviation like the heading is illustrating. This makes me losse interest in the topic since I simply dont know what games you are referring too!!! It has to be mentioned that I am fairly new to the Nintendo game universe but surely a lot of the other memmers are as well.

So I do think the whole community could benefit that we all start giving the full name when referring to games.

Thank You

In your sig you have CoD 3 and RE 4, slightly hypocritical don't you think :lol: . J/k, over time you'll get used to the many abbreviations out there.

Sometimes gamers assume that games like Medal of Honor, Brothers in Arms, Metroid Prime, etc2x are so very popular that they tend to abbreviate just to save space or just being plain lazy :) hehe.. You'll get used to it just like RE4 and COD in your sig..

Hehe.... Yeah. At first when somebody mentioned metroid prime 3 as mp3, I thought they were talking about playing mp3s through the wii photo channel:blush2:

Abbreviations are ok, as long as someone spells the word out in full.
That person may be me, as I tend to not use short forms, and use the full game name.

It's acronyms not abbreviations that bother you. The use of acronyms is something that is natural to American culture. I've worked in other countries and this does annoy the non-Americans.

I do prefer abbreviations. An example of that would be saying Metroid instead of MP3 or Metroid Prime 3: Corruption.

Edit: This is a wii games forum and the glossary of acronyms is the list of games associated with the Wii.

Well for sure i will be more aware from now on and use the full title...
BUT, as my list of games gets longer and the signature space available remains the same i will eventually have to get all new games like GF, TW, RS, SCDA and so on....:wink:

Back