Games that become Films

daviduk200 said:
World of war craft

Actually it's not just based on World of Warcraft but on the entire Warcraft series and the movie will probably just be called "Warcraft". WoW didn't have an advanced plot, Warcraft III did so I hope they use the RTS games as an inspiration and not the MMO which was kinda flat.

I personally would love to see a CGI Donkey Kong Country movie. Not something kiddie like the animated series they had a while ago, but something the fans of the old games (now around 20 years old) would enjoy. I'd love to hear orchestrated versions of David Wise' music in a movie theatre.

Metal Gear Solid
Prince of persia
Gears Of War
Splinter Cell
Strangle hold

These ones for me have a lot of potential to be a class film. Theyve all got good story lines in the game and i can see them being very adaptable to put into a film.

Whoops said:
Metal Gear Solid
Prince of persia
Gears Of War
Splinter Cell
Strangle hold

These ones for me have a lot of potential to be a class film. Theyve all got good story lines in the game and i can see them being very adaptable to put into a film.

-hints to my earlier post that I said I was looking forward to the PoP film-

I think it is expected around 2009, looks like someone is having a wish come true.

wow i would love a devil may cry film, had all the games loved them all hope that gets released, its got great action, cool story and wud jus be a great film

mr wii said:
wow i would love a devil may cry film, had all the games loved them all hope that gets released, its got great action, cool story and wud jus be a great film

It is a user made thing I believe...The anime is the best we have so far.

Every film I've seen that was based on a video game has been crap. Problem is, video games don't lend themselves to the big screen, because they the plot is either about 15 hours long (and hence needs to be considerably condensed) or there's no plot at all.

i dont know if you guys have heard, but they are making a metal gear movie

yeah we knew, well i knew, its up there in the list lol

Kingdom Hearts and FF9 should be made into movies. Kingdom Hearts should have the looks of the secret endings and FF9 should have the looks of FF:Advent Children.

Back